the title explains itself ive been weighing my options on looking for an amp around 400$ that can handle rock and metal

first was peaveys valveking 112 but thats a no go because its crap without changing the stop speaker and tubes

someone told me to get a crate but im not sure if i like crate , i have a ss one and im not to fond of it but its a cheap amp

i was also thinking maybe a blackheart but i just dont know

so how about that cube haha
The Valveking 112 is definately not crap without changing the stock speaker and/or tubes. It just improves the sound a lot. The Cubes are pretty much the best solid state beginner amps. Most of the time, tube amps sound better than solid state amps. I'd go for the VK.

EDIT: And to answer your question, it can definately handle rock and metal.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
the cube is great for hard rock and metal but i think that a valveking + bad monkey (or other overdrive) is ultimately a better option because it will last you longer and leaves you with the option of adjusting tubes and speakers later on down the track.

does the bugera 6260 fit in your budget? the blackheart + overdrive would also be good
ok so ...the vk doesnt sound as bad as everyone tends to say it does...i mean with stock guts
Hell no. Check youtube for some demos.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
or check my clip in my profile to get a sense of what a VK sounds like.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE