Hi everyone thanks for taking the time to check the thread.

I was just wondering if someone who knew more about the Marshall JCM series could help me out with a few questions.

Well I own a Fender Stratocaster which I have modded to contain a super-distortion in the bridge and a PAF pro in the neck whilst still retaining the single coil in the middle (Think Dave Murray’s old setup, if you're familiar with him). Anyways I was wondering if I were to purchase a JCM800 or 900 combo, would it sound terrible with the high output super distortion and if I used a TS9 for leads?

I write original songs which are in the genre of traditional Heavy Metal, Hard Rock and 70's inspired progressive, and am heavily inspired by Iron Maiden amongst others, so I don't really play with high gain settings (highest I would ever go is 8, and even then that’s rare for me). I prefer to use the amps natural power and settings rather than clutter the area with pedals, so which in your opinion would be the best combo to get that contains a channel other than just distortion, as I also am also required to use a clean channel for certain songs.

In terms of wattage, I’m looking for something that can do the whole deal as I practice in my bedroom, rehearse with my band regularly, have possible upcoming studio sessions, and will be gigging in a matter of months.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and thank you in advance for any help.
IRON MAIDEN
7 Feb 2008, Melbourne, Australia
23 Feb 2011, Melbourne, Australia
4 Mar 2011, Melbourne, Australia
------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube

the super distortion pup is going to sound great boosted into a JCM

don't let the name super distortion fool you, it a high output, clean pickup
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Your guitar is very similar to mine. I too have a Fender Strat with a Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck. At the moment I'm using a JCM2000 amp and the Super Distortion sounded very nice through that. The PAF Pro sounded even better though. (check out my profile for a clip with the PAF Pro and JCM2000) I just prefer the smoother sound of the neck position. You'll deffinetly nail the classic Iron Maiden sound with a JCM 800, 900 or 2000.