im changing the bridge pickup on my guitar to an EMG 81...the guitars a copy of the Jackson Dinky by Aria...so the neck pickup would become nonfunctional right ???

is there any easy way of making both of them work...easy way...if its too complicated then forget it...i never use the bridge pickup as it is...
Quote by tobysaurus
I got an erection once, it was lovely.

Kinda complicated and you'd have a serious volume drop when switching to the neck pickup.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
so no easy way???...well i play metal mostly...rarely i get fits to play summin else but...eh wat the hell...guess ill have to live with the EMG
Quote by tobysaurus
I got an erection once, it was lovely.

There have been a lot of threads on this subject, basically no, there is no easy way.

You're talking about running two circuits, one for each pickup and its tone/volume controls because the pots have to be at different values to each other.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by cob1712
so no easy way???...well i play metal mostly...rarely i get fits to play summin else but...eh wat the hell...guess ill have to live with the EMG

Lol.. Since when does playing metal restrict you to only playing the bridge pick up?

Silly COB fanboys.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

no. its not recommended. dont mix actives and passives.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
you know its weird, back in the day i had a washburn rs-10v... it had an EMG 81 in the bridge, and a passive emg select in the neck... they both worked fine, and it was only on vol. one pot... one output, no volume drop between the two... i really wish i knew what i was lookign for back then so i could open it up and see how it was done.