So when it comes time for new strings, I'd like to stick with the same gauge as what Fender put on it in the first place, but I can't find anywhere in the doc exactly what gauge the stock strings are. 9s? 10s? I dunno.

Anybody? Bueller?
They're almost certainly 9s, most electric guitars come with 9s.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
probably 09 indeed... 'cuz I break one everytime I'm gonna try a new guitar at the guitarcentre in Rotterdam.... but when I'm in my hometown's guitarshop, they immediatly put 10's on 'em, cuz they know I'm coming :p
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
most guitars are stocked with 9's or 10's so people trying them out think they are easy to play
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
not sure what guage but i know they're fender super bullets
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Ok, so the consensus is that they're 9s. Cool. Now, should I stick with the Fender Super Bullets or go to another brand? I like the trademark Strat bright jangly tone. Or am I gonna get flamed for asking this question?
Quote by ZZRIDER
Ok, so the consensus is that they're 9s. Cool. Now, should I stick with the Fender Super Bullets or go to another brand? I like the trademark Strat bright jangly tone. Or am I gonna get flamed for asking this question?

there's no reason to stick with the brand or gauge that comes on the the guitar.
the fender strings certainly aren't great, and (IMO) 0.09s lack tone and certainly feel.

i recommend DR 0.11's, or if your fingers aren't strong enough for them yet (they probably are though), get 10s.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Jul 8, 2008,
if you put on 11's then make sure you level the bridge again afterwards.
for least amount of shifting always swap one string at a time.

and bullets are pretty lifeless, imo.

i like Daddarios, or DRs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
if you put on 11's then make sure you level the bridge again afterwards.
for least amount of shifting always swap one string at a time.

and bullets are pretty lifeless, imo.

i like Daddarios, or DRs.

Yeah I've noticed that the bullets are already starting to sound kinda dull, and they're only 2 weeks old.

I don't think I'm ready to all the way to 11s yet, but I might do 10s next. Hmm. I also don't want to have to mess with my setup if I can avoid it, which is part of the reason I'm thinking of staying with 9s.