ok guys
i got an ibanez like a month ago ... and the problem is that for the past 3 4 days the first 4 frets on the D,G,B,e strings are not givin the real sound ... is it because of the strings ?! i mean am constantly broke and i haven changed the strings since its arrival except the high e string ... or is it a fretting problem ?! more importantly, how can i solve it ...
in my past i had a yamaha acoustic and same problem occured ... someone told me it gets fine overtime ... but y does it happen to me ?! how can i solve it ?! do i have to change my ibanez neck or something ?! or it will get fine as time passes by ?!
get new strings, change them often
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
What model Ibanez is it?? when you play it does it buzz on the particular frets?
1. give the strings and frets a good clean...lint free cloth..
2. check the height of the bridge..the strings could be catching on frets higher up the neck..if thats the case raise the bridge a little...then check if its fixed the problem..if not do it again.
But i think your problem maybe that you have unlevel frets..Frets are not on a level plane (one or more is too high or too low.)..the only way to fix this is to secure them properly, level and dress them or replace them altogether.
I had my stock Ibanez GSA60 strings in for about five months (bad idea, but just saying, it's probably not the strings.)

I think this problem is definitely coming down to the action. Raise the strings, just as the others have said.
Quote by Guitar2006dude
What model Ibanez is it?? when you play it does it buzz on the particular frets?
1. give the strings and frets a good clean...lint free cloth..
2. check the height of the bridge..the strings could be catching on frets higher up the neck..if thats the case raise the bridge a little...then check if its fixed the problem..if not do it again.
But i think your problem maybe that you have unlevel frets..Frets are not on a level plane (one or more is too high or too low.)..the only way to fix this is to secure them properly, level and dress them or replace them altogether.

yea i guess i need to raise the strings abit ... i jus met 1 of my pals who plays guitar and he told me abt the same solution ... can i do it on my own ?! am not a pro really jus got 2 years of experience ... or do i need to take it to some workshop or something ?!
thanks for the suggestion guys ... i was beginning to think i bought a bad piece haha ... i cant remember the model,cz the guitars with 1 of my pals ... ill let u knw soon though ... ... ok u suggest dress and level or replace them altogether ... can u please tell me how can i do it ... like i said i ain really a pro ... is it safe for me or 1 of my pals to do ... that guy is a pro and he got like 7 8 years experience ...
thanks for ur response guys
YOU ASS HOLE YOU BOUGHT A ****TY IBANEZ
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
hi again, your best bet dude is to speak to this friend of yours and get him to look at your guitar...if he's confident in doing it then proceed! I myself would never put any tool to my guitars neck... send this guy a message on his myspace telling him the problem, he's quality: www.myspace.com/edsshed
Quote by Guitar2006dude
hi again, your best bet dude is to speak to this friend of yours and get him to look at your guitar...if he's confident in doing it then proceed! I myself would never put any tool to my guitars neck... send this guy a message on his myspace telling him the problem, he's quality: www.myspace.com/edsshed

hey dude ... thanks for the link ... appreciated ...
yea i myself dun really like the thought of experimenting with the neck since its one of the most delicate parts ...

and the Guy up calling me an asshole ... well dude ... i wonder who the heck let u in on UG ... people like u shld be thrown out .... if u cant say something nice its better to keep that mouth shut ... dun speak jus cz u got a tongue ... it ain' necessary ... learn something from this guitar2006dude ... appreciated man ...
ill contact him asap ...
cheers
Quote by .Jamison
Stupid stuff

Facepalm.
TS, try adjusting the action on the guitar. Look this up somewhere, or use the searchbar on UG.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by UpTheIrons!
Facepalm.
TS, try adjusting the action on the guitar. Look this up somewhere, or use the searchbar on UG.

k suppose i get the solution ... should i try it out myself pal ?! like that guitar2006 dude said i dun really like messing with my guitar ... but **** am broke too ... and i love playing ... i practise 7 hours a day ... what u think i should do ?!