it seems with my luck as of now...all the Hellraiser choices that i have available are FR..well, i really dont prefer this because of the time it takes to tune down etc.

but...i guess itll keep it in tune even through a nuclear bomb..

i also heard the NON-FR have more sustain with the string-thru...

but..which is overall better? im just worried i wont be able to figure out the FR bridge when changing strings and such

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
it seems with my luck as of now...all the Hellraiser choices that i have available are FR..well, i really dont prefer this because of the time it takes to tune down etc.

This is true. If you plan on changing tunings on a regular basis, FR guitars are not for you. This is because you have to alter the spring tension at the back of the guitar to compensate for your new tuning (lower your tune, the less 'pull' they have).

Quote by jcp42877

but...i guess itll keep it in tune even through a nuclear bomb..

The Schecter Hellraiser-FR comes with an OFR (Original Floyd Rose) which is great. It is a very hard wearing tremolo and will last a long time. Hence it can keep your guitar in tune easily. Maybe not through a nuclear bomb though...

Quote by jcp42877

i also heard the NON-FR have more sustain with the string-thru...

Yes, you do get more sustain through a string thru guitar since a floating trem doesn't keep in contact with much of the body wood. However, if you play with loads of gain and with a decent amp the difference isn't too bad.

Quote by jcp42877

but..which is overall better? im just worried i wont be able to figure out the FR bridge when changing strings and such

Which is better depends on the player; do you need to change tunings? Do you need to use a FR trem for divebombs or fluttering etc.?

Getting used to an FR is simple, you just need to understand how it works (even a simple idea is enough) and with experience you'll get used to it. Everyone does!
I have a Hellraiser FR, and trust me, tuning/changing strings is NOT as hard as it looks, despite whatever horror stories you might hear. I, being biased as i am, believe that the "sustain" claim is false, though it may be true. What i do know is that my hellraiser stays in tune forever.

If you're still hesistant to change strings if you get an FR, ask your local guitar center
Floyd Roses are great. I have one on my Kirk Hammett and you can abuse it without it going out of tune. Downtuning is a bit of a pain but it's worth the effort for the sheer fun of it. However, there's nothing wrong with a fixed bridge either...
Quote by shreddin_frets
I've never played guiar before. Is it communist?

Quote by HeavyMetaldude
Now how should i dispose of the poo stick?
hmmm, well i normally do change tunings a lots, i mean, ill go from standard playing about anything, to some TDWP in drop d, to half-step down playing GnR so..im a pretty frequent tuning changer...

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by RhoadsJackson71
Floyd Roses are great. I have one on my Kirk Hammett and you can abuse it without it going out of tune. Downtuning is a bit of a pain but it's worth the effort for the sheer fun of it. However, there's nothing wrong with a fixed bridge either...

For some reason, that sounds so wrong... it's like your referring to Kirk himself and not his ESP / LTD guitars.
Quote by jcp42877
hmmm, well i normally do change tunings a lots, i mean, ill go from standard playing about anything, to some TDWP in drop d, to half-step down playing GnR so..im a pretty frequent tuning changer...

Then I'd go with the String-thru..
If you are going to use the floyd and do dive bombs and squeals and all the other wily nily tricks, get one. If you are into changing your tunings mid set, do not get a Floyd. It's a total bitch to go from say standard to DADGAD on a Floyd.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
hmmm, i dont neccesarily need a flyd to do squeals do i?!!

i mean, i can get an 'ok' pinch harmonic now, but im guessing its because of my SS amp, with a tube i should be able to get a good squeal, esp. with EMGs..

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
just buy the f'n guitar and stfu...everyday you make a new thread about this guitar...you've also committed to buying 4 hellraisers from 4 different ppl and then backed out....
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15