EL 84 is all you can do. They are two different types of tubes, requiring a different type of socket, etc. Besides, you don't want a 6L6 there as it needs more plate voltage to get into the proper operating range, so you would end up losing considerable amounts of gain. And, although i don't know much of your musical taste, I would assume you probably want more gain. Am I correct? What are you wanting to change about the TT?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Gain is exactly the problem if you want to play metal. Just the TT is too flabby and loose to play metal though. I use a Bad Monkey with the level maxed and the gain at 0 to tighten it up. I would like it a bit tighter to get better chugs, but it already sounds very sweet.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Theres no need. Honestly, you are going to need some sort of OD in front. A new set of tubes will not instantly transform a TT into a metal monster. It might get ever so slightly better, but thats it. Get an OD to gain it up, a maybe an EQ to help shape the response. That oughta do it.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Where are you located and what's your budget? I'm sure there are better amps for you than the Tiny Terror out there. Just from your questions, I can tell you've heard or read a couple things, but really don't know what they mean.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by scarsonbroadway
could i put nos tubes in a tt

Sure, you can put NOS tubes in any tube amp, but it won't turn the TT into a metal machine.