Hi all,

I have a (hopefully) quick question - how the holy heck do you use MIDI to control a whammy pedal? I have a GNX3000 with full onboard Whammy and MIDI-in, and I want to try playing Map of the Problematique by Muse properly - getting the octave shifts in the right places etc - as doing it manually with the treadle is difficult. And, as HAARP proves, Matt Bellamy plays a single note onstage leaving the pedal to do the rest.
I've heard that you can use programs like Cubase to send the right MIDI signals, but I have no clue how you do this.
For reference, the treadle position is assigned to MIDI control channel 4 and ranges from 0 to 255; as far as I can see, I just need to send values 0 and 255 to the pedal in octave-up mode to make it think the treadleis being moved, but I don't know how this can be done.
I also have Pro Tracks Plus which came with the board, and have been able to send MIDI drum tracks through the board with this, but no luck with the whammy.

Anybody have any tips?
Rob

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
I'm not sure, but I think the midi for the pedal is only for switching between settings...

eDIT: Upon reading the manual, using CC (continuous control commands) on MIDI CC11, you can remotely adjust the treadle position, from 0-127.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Jul 8, 2008,
for map of the problematique, you need a midi step sequencer. I think it's like 8 steps? Maybe 16. And it's not a pitch modulator, so it's probably not a Digitech Whammy trick. I saw a vid of some guy getting a similar tone using a step-flanger, so it's probably related to a filter effect.

Anyways, what you need most likely isn't whammy-related.