I may have broken my finger..but I'm not sure.

About two weeks ago, I was helping my dad remodel our bathroom. During that, I hit my finger pretty hard with a hammer..
It hit my first finger on the first joint down from my fingernail, and it used to pop when I bent it.

I've heard people asked if they could bend something when they hurt it, as a test to see if it was broken, but if I had a hairline fracture on the joint, would bending it still be possible?

so, should I just give it more time, or get it checked out.

oh, and I can play my guitar and do other stuff with it...but only for about 15 minutes because it starts hurting more.
well, I'm aware of that.
but doctors cost money.
and stuff...

plus, I'm rather terrified of their offices.

but, if I can still bend it fully, and use it as much as I am, it there a chance it is still broken, or did I just bruise the bone?
Well just to ease you rmind a bit it may only be a minor sprain, have you tried icing it and see if that helped?
Quote by DarkEra97
Well just to ease you rmind a bit it may only be a minor sprain, have you tried icing it and see if that helped?

I did, well sort of. When it happened, I went in the backyard and held my hand in the stream for about 15 minutes. It was in the mountains, so that water was really cold.
If you can still play guitar, then it's just sprained, take it easy for a little while, and it'll get better.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.