Ok i need a new guitar since ive been playing on a no-name strat until now. ive been playing for around a year and i think ive improved ok. I can do 4 string sweeps, some legato, and stuff.

Anyway i mostly play metal and shred but also some rock. I like bls, metallica, pantera, ozzy, led zeppelin, guns n roses etc. etc.

My budget is around 800 dollars (flexible) but im tottaly confused so please help. My friend suggests a alexi laiho signature but its got only one pickups. Anyway please help me choose a guitar.

My amps a Marshall MG50DFX and i DONT hate it
I like Jacksons personally. Look at a DK2M or a DKMG. I'm sure a million people are gonna post a ****load of Ibanez guitars, but its your personal preference. I'd try a few different ones before buying something.
Gear
Jackson DX10 Dinky
Dean Michael Schenker Standard
Dean ML XM (hot rodder)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Fender POS 75 Watt
MXR ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Why do you so sure you don't hate your amp? Have you ever played your current guitar through a $800 tube amp?
I say u should get a dean dimebag darrell or search for a jackson/esp/ibanez on zzounds.com with like 24 frets n whammy bar etc etc.
"IF YOU'RE 555... THEN I'M 666!!"
Have a scope at the Epiphone Les Pauls they'll have a few in that price range, in particular the 3 pickup Black Beauty (the most beautiful guitar ever, mmmmm) or LP Standard.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
no lol dont get an epiphone.. its a wannabe guitar, and not too good for shred either
"IF YOU'RE 555... THEN I'M 666!!"
ibanez rg1570. pickup swap down the line wouldn't hurt either.

most people will tell you to consider an amp upgrade too. I'd agree with them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?