ibanez wh10 is what fru uses

dunno if you can get one for that price though, only ever seen one myself

edit:

heres one but its obscenly expensive and they are made from plastic

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-WH10-WH-10-Wah-Wah-John-Frucsicante-No-Cracks_W0QQitemZ260259772963QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260259772963&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318
Last edited by lefthandman9876 at Jul 8, 2008,
Just get the Crybaby wah that's $99
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
I'm in the same situation as you, and I can tell you what people have recommended me. I haven't decided which one should I buy, but all of them seems to be good enough for Froosh stuff:

- Ibanez WH10 - this is the one which John uses, grey version has a volume boost when turned on because it has a bit different "innards" than the black version. It is expensive and plastic, though.

- Ten Spot Wah - precise reproduction of WH10 made by WilsonEffects; made of metal, sounds very close to original WH10, costs around 170 bucks (google it!)

- Budda BudWah - based on vintage wahs, but with modern additions; sounds very good and vocal, both on clean and with mid-gain distortion

- Vox 847 - budget option, Budda is much better, especially with distortion turned on
Quote by zombiak
I'm in the same situation as you, and I can tell you what people have recommended me. I haven't decided which one should I buy, but all of them seems to be good enough for Froosh stuff:

- Ibanez WH10 - this is the one which John uses, grey version has a volume boost when turned on because it has a bit different "innards" than the black version. It is expensive and plastic, though.

- Ten Spot Wah - precise reproduction of WH10 made by WilsonEffects; made of metal, sounds very close to original WH10, costs around 170 bucks (google it!)

- Budda BudWah - based on vintage wahs, but with modern additions; sounds very good and vocal, both on clean and with mid-gain distortion

- Vox 847 - budget option, Budda is much better, especially with distortion turned on

yeah i really want the wh10 and i would be willing to pay for it but their dam hard to find
Quote by UpliftMofoMagik
yeah i really want the wh10 and i would be willing to pay for it but their dam hard to find

http://www.wilsoneffects.com/Tenspotwah.html

Then really check out the Ten Spot Wah, judging from the sound samples alone it sounds pretty good. And it's cheaper than the original, has a metal casing and other stuff.

EDIT: Two more nice wahs : Fulltone Clyde Standard/Deluxe (more than 200 bucks :| but they are said to be one of the best wah pedals around, especially for Hendrix-ish tone) and Gig-FX Mega Wah. This one is pretty strange - it's in stereo, has many knobs, yet it's still full analog, and it nicely imitates synthy sound of WH10 on the "Mega" setting.

http://www.gig-fx.com/products/MegaWah/megawah.htm
Last edited by zombiak at Jul 8, 2008,