Well, I've got 550 quid to spend on an amp head to anyone who can help, help me.

I play most stuff, from alternative, to hard rock, to classic rock to math rock, to post-hardcore, to punk and back to blues. I'm in a punk band and a math rock band as of now, so those two would be the main genres. My playing style would be very alike that of Thomas Erak (Fall of Troy) and Andrew Stockdale (Wolfmother), who both use Orange amps, so it's quitea good match. The head will be paired with a Harley Benton 2x12 with Vintage 30s, until I make myself a new cab box to put the speakers in.

It's the JCM 800 50 watt head vs the Orange Rockerverb 30 watt head.

Cheers!
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
If I remember right, math rock is just punk/alternative rock with rediculous time signature changes?
Unless I missed a product, there's the Orange Rocker 30, and there's the Rockerverb 50. I prefer Orange to Marshall in general. The 'verb will do the higher, tighter gain stuff better, while the 30 will do the looser alternative, Wolfmother stuff better. Check out the Thunderverb, too, which might be the most Marshally one of the bunch.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well since I'm not runnin' with the pack, I'd say the Marshall. That said, either amp would be a great purchase.
I'm not a fan of the Rockerverb for higher gain stuff. It muds up a bit and sounds very throaty, in my limited experience with it. This was at high volumes, by the way.

I have a suspicion it was the cab more than the head, though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
RIght, I think I'm going for the Orange. thomas Erak old tone was amazing, but he switched out his JCM halfstack for an Orange Fullstack and I think his tone is now BETTER.

Win.
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
In my experince, and from allot of my buddies inputs on another forum. People who play both marshall and another amp usually end up going back to marhall at some point of time.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
The only other amp I would really be looking for would be a Marshall Plexi, and let's face it, I have a balls all chance of getting one!

I think I've frozen my mind on an Ac30 HTC from Orange.
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MoonageDaydream
The only other amp I would really be looking for would be a Marshall Plexi, and let's face it, I have a balls all chance of getting one!

I think I've frozen my mind on an Ac30 HTC from Orange.

You could get a used 1987x which IS a Plexi for about that much.

You have to remember that most of Eraks tone comes from pedals. I don't think he even uses the drive on the amps.
I have quite a few of those pedals however

(DL4, Big Muff, Whammy, etc)
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣