im a newbie to these forums and im writing to see if anybody has any recommended settings for my amp which is a behringer bx 1200 ultrabass combo.
i have fiddled around for ages with the amp and i still cant get a good beefy bass sound,i appreciate that amp settings and tones are of a personal preference but i cant get a good solid bass sound no matter what i try.
i am playing a american standard fender jazz bass which i play through the passive input,i generally have the neck pick up knob on full and the bridge pick up on about 7,the tone knob i usually put at about 3 to cut down the treble sound.
there is a shape function on the 2nd channel which gives some compression but i still find that i am lacking some punch and i get a bit og a flat trebley sound.
i have even tried a bass eq pedal but find that is not much better.
any suggestions will be greatfully recieved as im now getting desperate
Quote by IndianRockStar
A new amp. Behringers aren't known for their tone.

the same thought had crossed my mind
yeah got one from a friend of mine theyre just disgusting
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
Get an Ashdown Mag, the best bass amp for people in there first few years of playing.
i have a Behringer and yea its hard to get good tone out of it. it took me a while to get something i like. im on the market for a new amp
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
I also have a behringer and its a challange to get a good tone. I have an active bass and that helps a bit, but yes, your best option is to buy a new amp, that what im going to do.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
Quote by the_woof
I have the exact same amp. I had the same problem--it never quite sounds like a bass amp. Honestly it's just too cheap and crappy.

Quote by toolfan88
i have a Behringer and yea its hard to get good tone out of it. it took me a while to get something i like. im on the market for a new amp

+(1+1)
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
One simple equation to end all the Behringer users problems:

Ashdown Bass Amps > Behringer Bass Amps

Not much of an equation but there you go.
i used to have that amp. i sold it 3 months ago having not played it for years, favouring my 30-watt roland.

now i play through a mixer with a headphone amp. absolutely incredible sound, i don't know why more people don't try it out.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ