should i always pick at the same angle? i mean move my forearm as i change from string to string or is it better to move my wrist till i cant move it more so i move my forearm more?

i am starting to play unanchored and i am getting used to play with a floating hand thanks.
It depends on the kind of tone and attack you want. Different angles mean different tones. Guitar greats use all sorts of different pick angles, hand motions, even sometimes parts of their fingers along with the pick to produce a note depending on how they wanted it to sound. A great guitar player uses his/her entire hand to pick. Basically there is no entirely correct way to pick, whatever sounds best and is comfortable to you. That being said, staying away from bending your wrist too much, in order to prevent possible injuries, is a good idea.
There's no practical way you move/angle your wrist all the way from the bass E string to the high E string without moving your arm at all. You want to keep your wrist in line with your forearm. Otherwise you are limiting yourself and, like Seryaph said, risking injury.

As for licks where you are jumping back and forth between two strings rapidly, you could do something like that without moving your arm at all, but in general go ahead and move your forearm when you change strings.
Last edited by fixationdarknes at Jul 8, 2008,
if theres a lick wich requires to jump from low E to high E rapidly should i just move my wrist and my forearm a little just to reach it? or move my forearm completley so i get to each string?
When jumping as far as the low E to the high E, the forearm will basically move the whole distance. The wrist can be the primary mover of one-string skips, but I'd follow the general rule of not angling your wrist (from the line of your forearm) too much as it isn't in its most optimal position if you do.
do you think that may be the cause of pain?

i played for maybe 2 hours or 3 non stop and the next day my wrist hurted a lot it didnt recover in like a month or 2 idk maybe it did but it injured again bcuz of the technique could that be the cause of it?
omg... you're seriously gonna mess up your wrist man! if it hurts stop right away dude...
and yes you should let your arm move a little when skipping from E to E.
be careful with the wrist man. when it gets hurt, it gets hurt for not such a small amount of time. be really careful.
Quote by alexcp94
do you think that may be the cause of pain?

i played for maybe 2 hours or 3 non stop and the next day my wrist hurted a lot it didnt recover in like a month or 2 idk maybe it did but it injured again bcuz of the technique could that be the cause of it?

Yes, and you were probably playing far too fast.