its the minor scale that is relative to the major scale/chord
eg A natural minor is the relative minor to C major
Quote by Shredder993254
oh. thank you! BluesShredUK is going to be alot of help

sarcasm? sorry ... what do u want to know about minors - scales, chords etc ?
I know if you start on a certain note in a major key, and go up the scale, you get the minor. How does that happen?
ok well if you start with the major scale, it has a set of intervals between each note which gives the scale its sound. if you start and end the major scale on a different note you have a different set of intervals which give another sound. (these are modes, plenty of info about them here). If you start and end the major scale on the 6th note, you end up with what ppl call the natural minor scale. that is the relative minor to the major. In general the main feature of a minor scale is the presence of a minor 3rd interval. - eg 3 half steps to the 3rd note of the scale.
i was not trying to be sarcastic, i am glad to finally know what people are talking about when they say stuff about moving into your relative minor
^He wasn't being sarcastic. He was honestly saying thank you, no sarcasm.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
^He wasn't being sarcastic. He was honestly saying thank you, no sarcasm.

I meant this post:
Quote by Shredder993254
oh. thank you! BluesShredUK is going to be alot of help
I don't think he was trying to be sarcastic.

Quote by Shredder993254
i was not trying to be sarcastic, i am glad to finally know what people are talking about when they say stuff about moving into your relative minor
It is the minor key with the same key signature as another major key. The only thing they have in common are their notes. The tonal center, the intervals, and the chords are all different.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
It is the minor key with the same key signature as another major key. The only thing they have in common are their notes. The tonal center, the intervals, and the chords are all different.

The chords are the same just in a different order. Other than that ..yes.
Quote by RichieJovie
The chords are the same just in a different order. Other than that ..yes.

ii V I = Major
iiø v i = Minor

Both are 2 5 1's, but the chords are clearly different.
Though I understand why and how it works, it still amazes me how the same seven notes can sound so completely different in Am and C. Music is awesome!

Just be careful with Minors though, you can get thrown in jail for messing around with them. It's best to stay away. - oh wait wrong minor, nevermind, carry on.
Si
The relative minor is 6 up.

So C count up c d e f g A <<<its A.

Start on G

Count 6 g a b c d E

Its E.

Basically you keep the same scale but start on the 6th note.

Hope this clears this up.