Ive been playing for a year and a half to two years now, and without being arrogant i believe im quite a skilled guitarist, however lacking in musical theory i may be.

My question to you dudes is, what are some easy to medium solos that i could get under my belt (including learning the full song) that are impressive but wont take too much devotion too learn, ive heard pink floyd is good for this as well as SOME Metallica, any other suggestions guys?, much appreciated.

P.S i also have trouble learning songs all the way through (so far i really only have crazy train) so anyone tackled this problem before and have a solution cheers guys.!

CrazyPeanut.
Here to learn dudes, here to learn.
For "skilled" and 2 years of playing, you should be able to play just about any Metallica song all the way through. Master of Puppets is a good all-the-way-through song.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Really you should be worrying about what songs YOU like and then setting about learning them.
Download Powertab/guitar pro and set about looking at some transcriptions and seeing what you want to learn as opposed what the clique round here think is cool.
Quote by RCalisto
no boundaries - michael angelo batio
:P

Any skilled guitarist can play that song...

How bout some maiden? The trooper, Ghost of navigator, powerslave.

Scorpions? ( Or do they spell it Scorpians?) Rock you like hurricane, No one Like you.

Some good songs with fun and challenging solos.
i've been playing for a year and half and i learned rock u like a hurricane all the way.
You don't want to spend much time learning it but you want it to sound impressive? Though there are songs like this, you'd probably feel better if you spent some time learning a harder song (which will probably be more impressive anyway). You get out what you put in!
Quote by Metallica rulz
Any skilled guitarist can play that song...

How bout some maiden? The trooper, Ghost of navigator, powerslave.

Scorpions? ( Or do they spell it Scorpians?) Rock you like hurricane, No one Like you.

Some good songs with fun and challenging solos.

i hope you were being sarcastic lol, otherwise i suck arse :O

but seriously now, you could try some songs from vinnie moore's album 'meltdown'
those are pretty catchy + bluesy + somewhat simple. i don't actually know how you play but i'm also in the one and a half years experience stage, and i don't find much trouble playing songs from that album.
Dragonforce- Revolution Death Squad..

Solo 2 XD
x
I LOVE JOSH (:

I Fell Asleep In Devil Drivers Tour Vann.. Beat That Bitches.

STAY (SIC) MAGGOTS!
Technical Difficulties - Paul Gilbert
For The Love Of God - Steve Vai
Lines In The Sand - Dream Theater (gorgeous solo)
Get The Funk Out - Extreme

A few suggestions from yours truly. Out of the four, LitS is probably the easiest, but all of them kick large amounts of ass.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Technical Difficulties - Paul Gilbert
For The Love Of God - Steve Vai
Lines In The Sand - Dream Theater (gorgeous solo)
Get The Funk Out - Extreme

A few suggestions from yours truly. Out of the four, LitS is probably the easiest, but all of them kick large amounts of ass.

I think that Technical Difficulties is a great way to test your guitar skills.

Also check check out Stream Of Consciousness by Dream Theater.

MP3:
http://www.dizzler.com/music/Dream_Theater/Stream_Of_Consciousness

Tab:
http://www.911tabs.com/link/?2287283
Quote by CrazyPeanut
Ive been playing for a year and a half to two years now, and without being arrogant i believe im quite a skilled guitarist, however lacking in musical theory i may be.

My question to you dudes is, what are some easy to medium solos that i could get under my belt (including learning the full song) that are impressive but wont take too much devotion too learn, ive heard pink floyd is good for this as well as SOME Metallica, any other suggestions guys?, much appreciated.

P.S i also have trouble learning songs all the way through (so far i really only have crazy train) so anyone tackled this problem before and have a solution cheers guys.!

CrazyPeanut.

Id say Floyd too. You can learn anything if you just practice it enough.

Hearbreaker and Voodoo Chile are some good ones.

I like playing hip hop riffs during solos to creep people out, might do it for you.
Quote by rocknrollstar
Id say Floyd too. You can learn anything if you just practice it enough.

Hearbreaker and Voodoo Chile are some good ones.

I like playing hip hop riffs during solos to creep people out, might do it for you.

hip hop riffs? does that even exist? :O
i tot they only talkd and had a gangsta vinyl record scratcher in the background :O
Quote by CrazyPeanut
Ive been playing for a year and a half to two years now, and without being arrogant i believe im quite a skilled guitarist, however lacking in musical theory i may be.....

CrazyPeanut.

i think using the word "quite" makes you seem arrogant...
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by RCalisto
hip hop riffs? does that even exist? :O
i tot they only talkd and had a gangsta vinyl record scratcher in the background :O

Aye, thats all hip hop is.

2pac
Cypress Hill
Snoop Dogg
Dr Dre
Warren G
Jurrasic 5
N.W.A

Go listen to Dr Dre - Next Episode, thats a riff.
Floyd solos are great ways to improve your skill....
Money
Another Brick in the Wall
Is There Anybody Out There
Coming Back to Life
Time
Hey You
Marooned
Comfortably Numb

Those are all good ones to know IMO...

but my fav floyd song to play is Dogs...and always will be!!
lol first post on this forum you guys are ROUGH lol thanks for the advice ill learn a song and get back to you guys with how it went
Here to learn dudes, here to learn.
Quote by CrazyPeanut
lol first post on this forum you guys are ROUGH lol thanks for the advice ill learn a song and get back to you guys with how it went

Nothing rough about it, we just gave you what you asked for.