Page 1 of 2
the tones on pod x3 have that weird digital fizzy sound...
i checked the presets and i even tried the downloaded tones, but
they all equally fizz. It sounds like a toy. Some people recommended
me to re-adjust the eq but I tried and it only makes a small difference.
But I heard that line6 recommends the use of headphones with impedence
between 150-600. Mine is 32ohm. So would the impedance discrepancy the
source of the problem? Most headphones with that high ohms(150-600)are
100$+ so I want to make sure this before I waste my money. Thanks
I'm a proud owner of
Gibson SG Standard Heritage Cherry
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Buzz Saw sig w/ EMG 81/85
Squire crap
Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass
ESP/LTD TA-600 Tom Araya sig bass
Vox AD30VT
Fender Bassman 100
Line6 POD X3
Boss ME-50
here's your first problem:
YOU ARE PLAYING THOUGH A POD!!!
all of the pod's sounds are digital and crappy.
sell it and get something else (not a multieffect unit).
Try plugging it into your computer's USB port and see if it sounds any better through your headphones hooked up to the computer.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by Jhachey22
for your ignorant and uneducated comment
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by teh_shredmaster
the tones on pod x3 have that weird digital fizzy sound...
i checked the presets and i even tried the downloaded tones, but
they all equally fizz. It sounds like a toy. Some people recommended
me to re-adjust the eq but I tried and it only makes a small difference.
But I heard that line6 recommends the use of headphones with impedence
between 150-600. Mine is 32ohm. So would the impedance discrepancy the
source of the problem? Most headphones with that high ohms(150-600)are
100$+ so I want to make sure this before I waste my money. Thanks

is this only happening through headphones?....i have a set of sennheiser hd280's (80 ohms) and a set oh beyerdynamics dt770's (250 0hms) and it sounds much better through the beyer's
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Jhachey22

edit: the pod shouldn't be fizzy. I think it could be something to do with direct/air mode?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by Jhachey22

EDIT: Aaaaahahahaha, this clown uses an MG stack.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Pod XT and Pod X3 as they share the same models suffer this to a certain extent, its an inherent trait of the high gain settings. I found that you can kill some of it with a trick I picked up on the Vettaville.nl line6 forums. If you open up the eq pedal and set the treble gain to -12db then max the frequency on the same band it can kill some of it. Also have a look at the virtual cabinet and mic you use and consider changing the output mode to a more pleasing setting.

My Atomic amp further reduces my fizz to an almost transparent level if and when I use my XT as a preamp but the sad fact is you will not get rid of all of the fizz as its a part of the sound of the models.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
fiddle with the graphic EQ, you can really remove the fizz
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by Blompcube

edit: the pod shouldn't be fizzy. I think it could be something to do with direct/air mode?

the x3 automatically switches to the right mode when headphones are plugged in
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by halikus
Pod XT and Pod X3 as they share the same models suffer this to a certain extent, its an inherent trait of the high gain settings. I found that you can kill some of it with a trick I picked up on the Vettaville.nl line6 forums. If you open up the eq pedal and set the treble gain to -12db then max the frequency on the same band it can kill some of it. Also have a look at the virtual cabinet and mic you use and consider changing the output mode to a more pleasing setting.

My Atomic amp further reduces my fizz to an almost transparent level if and when I use my XT as a preamp but the sad fact is you will not get rid of all of the fizz as its a part of the sound of the models.

Ah, I've had that same problem with some of the hi-gain models on my toneport. My secret is to thicken up the tone with a rotary effect, it works wonders with the Spinal Puppet model.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
thanks for the input.. I just tried the killing treble gain and maxing treble frequency and
it actually gets rid of about 50%of the fizz, but there are some there still. I don't think
it is pod that makes fizz in general because ive listened to many recording samples on
youtube etcetc before i made this purchase. I also just bought a pair of beyerdynamic
250ohm for 150$ ish on ebay and I really wish this is the solution to the problem
I'm a proud owner of
Squire crap
Vox AD30VT
Fender Bassman 100
Line6 POD X3
Boss ME-50
how does it sound trough an amp?
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu
how does it sound trough an amp?

sounds much better
I'm a proud owner of
Squire crap
Vox AD30VT
Fender Bassman 100
Line6 POD X3
Boss ME-50
Quote by teh_shredmaster
sounds much better

your headphones then :P

Check out my profile for check my main pod solo tone. dosent sound fizzy at all

FACEBOOK
Quote by teh_shredmaster
thanks for the input.. I just tried the killing treble gain and maxing treble frequency and
it actually gets rid of about 50%of the fizz, but there are some there still. I don't think
it is pod that makes fizz in general because ive listened to many recording samples on
youtube etcetc before i made this purchase. I also just bought a pair of beyerdynamic
250ohm for 150$ ish on ebay and I really wish this is the solution to the problem

i called line 6 and they confirmed anything lower than 150 ohms would cause unwanted effects/problems
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
i called line 6 and they confirmed anything lower than 150 ohms would cause unwanted effects/problems

thanks for the verification
I'm a proud owner of
Squire crap
Vox AD30VT
Fender Bassman 100
Line6 POD X3
Boss ME-50
Quote by timi_hendrix

EDIT: Aaaaahahahaha, this clown uses an MG stack.

coming from the "don't jump on the bandwagon" guy.

MGs sound pretty good if you dial in the tone right. the reason why a lot of them sound like **** is because beginner's will just crank gain and treble. and, a lot of beginners buy MGs because of the price.
Quote by Jhachey22

MGs sound pretty good if you dial in the tone right. the reason why a lot of them sound like **** is because beginner's will just crank gain and treble. and, a lot of beginners buy MGs because of the price.

No, MGs sound like shit. I had to use MG10s all year at College, and they are dreadful.

Yet another stupid bump.

My Music
Quote by Jhachey22

at low volumes you can get a tone which is just short of usable. this is because you are only really using the preamp section. its the power-amp section and the speaker where this amp really fails. Which is why turning it up makes it completely ****ing useless. So its not too bad for a practice amp/recording preamp, if you get the little £50 10 watter, otherwise it costs too much money for extra wattage which is completely useless anyway because the components just can't handle it.
Rig Winter 2017:

A POD shouldn't sound fizzy, but more or less muffled. POD's suck people, just use a real amp and mic it. Seriously sell that thing.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by Leat
A POD shouldn't sound fizzy, but more or less muffled. POD's suck people, just use a real amp and mic it. Seriously sell that thing.

Oh why didn't I see it before, I'm sure your Fender Frontman sounds much better.

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Oh why didn't I see it before, I'm sure your Fender Frontman sounds much better.

Ha just because I told him to use an amp doesn't mean i'm happy with the amp I play. I hate it soo much. =] But selling it soon, so newbies should start savin'! Don't get mad, pods suck. Yes so do frontmans. =] But that's why I'm SELLING MINE! Great idea, isn't it? Thought so. So next time, please keep your panties to yourself and don't get mad when I put down something you have.
Quote by Leat
Ha just because I told him to use an amp doesn't mean i'm happy with the amp I play. I hate it soo much. =] But selling it soon, so newbies should start savin'! Don't get mad, pods suck. Yes so do frontmans. =] But that's why I'm SELLING MINE! Great idea, isn't it? Thought so. So next time, please keep your panties to yourself and don't get mad when I put down something you have.

you've clearly missed his point, and pods don't suck, get off the bandwagon.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Leat

Oh, you got me good. Panties, that's funny, it's like you're implying I'm a girl.

Here's an implication for you:

You're wrong.

Pods are fine (I use mine as a headphone amp), thread brings the lulz.

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Jul 18, 2008,
Quote by Blompcube
you've clearly missed his point, and pods don't suck, get off the bandwagon.

Yes, they do. I've played various pods and they all sound like rubbish to me. Even worse than my amp. I've played tube amps and well, saving up for one is all I can do now, because nothing sounds like tubes and anything else is just bad. Except for lets say the Vetta's, they sound pretty decent for SS modelers.

If you imply that I'm just going with the flow because people say they suck, you're wrong there. I've played pods, and hate them. I'm telling this guy to get rid of the POD and get something real.
Quote by Leat
nothing sounds like tubes and anything else is just bad.

*Leaves thread at the speed of light, leaving a timi-shaped hole in the internet*

My Music
Quote by Leat
Yes, they do. I've played various pods and they all sound like rubbish to me. Even worse than my amp. I've played tube amps and well, saving up for one is all I can do now, because nothing sounds like tubes and anything else is just bad. Except for lets say the Vetta's, they sound pretty decent for SS modelers.

If you imply that I'm just going with the flow because people say they suck, you're wrong there. I've played pods, and hate them. I'm telling this guy to get rid of the POD and get something real.

so you're telling him to get rid of it just because YOU don't like it, when all he needs to make it sound good to HIM is some better headphones? smart...

also, referring to the bit i've put in bold: now you're saying everything other than tube amps sound bad? Ok, i'm not taking you seriously anymore. you lose.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by timi_hendrix
*Leaves thread at the speed of light, leaving a timi-shaped hole in the internet*

Haha I just imagined you just ripping through the t00bs. xP

But no seriously all SS amps I've played all sound muffled, it might be the stock speakers but no matter what I've played, all the tube amps sound better, and get louder. That's my stand.
Quote by Leat

Oh dear.

Just coz you don't like it doesn't mean it sucks. You can't tell somone to sell something just coz you don't like it. Tard.

PODS aren't bad anyway. A lot of bands are starting to record with them so they can't be that bad. Bands I've worked with that have used them have sounded better than one's using cheap tube amps like the Valveking.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Leat

But no seriously all SS amps I've played all sound muffled, it might be the stock speakers but no matter what I've played, all the tube amps sound better, and get louder. That's my stand.

just because you've only played crap solid state amps, doesn't mean decent ones don't exist.

But thats beside the point, we've already figured out that the TS just needs new headphones.
Rig Winter 2017:

http://www.vettaville.nl/page.php?id=88#742

Great page with some awesome pod related vids to watch.

You may just learn something. I know I did.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by Leat

shut up and go play a rockman (not the asstastic dunlop ones, the real ones), you WILL change your stance on SS amps
Quote by Leat

its because your an idiot and dont know what your doing...
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
it's an inherent problem with the pods, the "pod fizz" is a known problem, however it can be dialed out to reasonable levels. There are some great recording artists that use the pod and get sick tones. Look up Bulb from Periphery, he has gotten some killer tones from the pod. Get on the Line6 forums and ask some questions, as well as using some of the good suggestions in this thread. Misha(bulb) has made some of his tweaked patches available too, and they sound killer. About 1million times better than any frontman I've ever heard.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids

You are seriously the biggest dumbass on the week cg.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Erock503
it's an inherent problem with the pods, the "pod fizz" is a known problem, however it can be dialed out to reasonable levels. There are some great recording artists that use the pod and get sick tones. Look up Bulb from Periphery, he has gotten some killer tones from the pod. Get on the Line6 forums and ask some questions, as well as using some of the good suggestions in this thread. Misha(bulb) has made some of his tweaked patches available too, and they sound killer. About 1million times better than any frontman I've ever heard.

To clear this up, both the PODs and Frontmans suck. Period.
Quote by Leat

No, the frontmans suck. PODS are fine, you're just a tool. Period.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Leat

for your comments and your playing on youtube...
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Page 1 of 2