I just bought the Ibanez GRG170DX with the microcube amp ; I put distortion(R-ffier with 10 gain) , I noticed that if I play the 14 fret on the high E string and then remove my finger i hear an extra sound , and that sound appeared to be the B string ringing , so
playing the 14 fret on the high E string causes the B string to ring by it self , I had this problem with my folk guitar too , IF i play for example the 10 fret on the A string (G note) , the G string rings by it self , so please , is this normal ? am I missing something ?
Its normal cause those notes are,..ffs i forgot the word lol, but dont worry about it just mute it.
"IF YOU'RE 555... THEN I'M 666!!"
palm mute the b string

are you sure you're not plucking it by accident?
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
You're not muting the other strings as you pick so some part of your fretting hand is coming into contact with the other strings and as you pull away (in this case after playing the 14th fret) you are also making the B string play. You need to learn to mute with the edge of your picking hand as well as use the other fingers on your fretting hand (the ones that aren't playing notes) to mute adjacent strings.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
lol it's resonance, that's actually how i tune to drop d, i keep detuning carelessly untill the open d string starts vibrating by itself, then i pay more attention to fine tune.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
thanks a lot , but just to increase my knowledge :
i 've just studied about resonance in physics , i thought resonance occurs when the exciting frequency is equal to the resonator's frequency , how come the B string resonate with the 14 fret on the high E string ? do they have the same frequency ?
well the 14th fret on the high e string is an F#, which incidentally is the 5th of B, which probably means they have some sort of resonance, but you should be muting the string below anyway, just takes practice.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
It is not resonance as you stated, "resonance occurs when the exciting frequency is equal to the resonator's frequency." Tuning with harmonics is an example of resonance but what you are getting is the actual "B" sounding after you play the 14th fret. There is no natural harmonic at the 14th fret (F#) so it can't be that. There are tones that can be heard after playing notes sort of like when you two hand tap and your not using an amp, you will hear other tones involved and I forget what the term for that is (enharmonic maybe?) so it might be that. But your saying that it is pronounced and sounds like the B string being played so I would say you are making contact with it somehow.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
no no , it doesn't sound the same , but you know how the note sounds on distortion if 2 strings ring at the same time , anyway , so i have to mute the B string either with my thumbs or palm muting , Thx to all