what is your favourite small tube amp?

RULES:
-1. list the reasons why you like the amp. don't just write "Fender Champ". List the wattage and some features. don't worry about repeating other people. just write about your favourite small tube amp.

-2. the amp must be 15 watts or under.

-3. no flaming or trolling

-4. no racial slurs or derogatory statments

-5. do not insult somone fro their choice of amp

my favourite small tube amps:
Fender Champ 600 RI
a great small, portable tube amp that can fill a room. i also love how you can unplug the speaker for connecting it to a larger cab. with one volume and two inputs (high and low gain), it's the perfect minimalist's amp.

Fender Super Champ XD:
Digital effects in an all tube package? the voicing effect is really cool to get different tones from the amp. possibly the best amp for your buck.

Epiphone Valve JR:
great tube distortion in a small package. a great plug in and play amp. it is aso a mod-friendly amp. very vintage cools looks to boot, too!
Laney VC15-110.
Small. Made in the UK - high quality (Seriously, know any UK made amps of similar price that aren't Laney?), Looks very stylish. Nothing beats a Laney logo - they look really nice and modern.
But it sounds great. Love the cleans. The drive channel is wonderful too. Reverb is SUPERB. EQ is very subtle, as well as the tone knob.
I LOVE this amp. There is no substitute.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
let me make a prediction with this thread......

1. valve jr

2. blackheart
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Orange Tiny Terror - 15w
Looks like a toaster, has lots of gain.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
The super champ XD is a hybrid. It has a modelling preamp, combined with a tube poweramp. Apparently the 12AX7 is an inverter tube.

Also, the only ones i've tried are the VJ and the Champ, i have to say i preferred the Champs overall tonal qualities, but it didn't have enough of its own gain for my liking, so if i had to choose between the two i'd probably get the VJ.

edit: oh wait, 15 watts and under.. not "less than 15 watts". would have to be the Laney VC15 then. Or my VC30 running at 15 watts (I run it with 2 power tubes, instead of 4)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I don't like any of the 5watters i've tried so far. I really want to try the Orange AD5.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
can i cheat and say the cornford hurricane? i think it's 15 watts or thereabouts.

if not, i'll say a cornell romany plus. awesome.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I quite like my Laney LC15R. With a TS in front of it, it sounds good enough at bedroom volumes for me. Plus for the price I paid for mine ($175) I've yet to find anything that can compete.
Quote by Dave_Mc
can i cheat and say the cornford hurricane? i think it's 15 watts or thereabouts.

if not, i'll say a cornell romany plus. awesome.

they make any blackheart of epi junior look like like spiders with problems rofl
yeah. though, to be fair, they're about 8-12 times the price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh. forgot to mention the DR. Z mini Z head.
it's such a natural sounding amp compared to other small tube amps (crate, peavey).
it even has a buit in attenuator!
Well, if it's any amp under 15w...

-Fender Tweed Deluxe
Vintage Blues tone in spades. Most kit manufacturers sell them cheap and they sound warm and vintage and fendery. Bit farty when cranked but if you really want you can remedy it. 15w I believe.

-Fender Princeton Reverb
Just reissued, if it sounds anything like soundclips of the real princeton then it'll be worth looking at. Warm kind of blackface tone, 12w-ish.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
the Zvex nano is absolutely tasteful!!! i have yet to try one myself in person though!! they sound like pure tonal bliss, overdriven half watt head with a bright switch and tone knob too i believe. and it looks psychedelic.

i love the blackheart little giant too, the price is a STEAL for this amp. stock, it sounds really good. you can max out the gain and get a nice rich crunch out of it. standard 3 band EQ. not as responsive as other tube amps, but they do effect it no doubt. upgrade the tubes and it's a bigger monster. more rawness and definitely more defined. great for nailing marshall/vox tones in a small jam/practice amp. definitely grows on you and ends up making you want the whole line of blackheart amps....

oh and the 3/5 watt switch is VERY useful. with volumes maxed it's like going from heavy blues to raw and heavy rock. not 'modern' heavy though.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
yeah like he said. If i did get a small wattage tube amp, definitely be a blackheart
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I have a Laney VC30 with 2 EL84's (instead of 4) so technically it is 15w, so i guess it counts
This amp is bloody awesome! I can get such a nice clean tone out of it and with my Turbo Rat it has such a versatile range of distortion. For the price, its one hell of a great amp.
I just ordered my first low wattage valve amp, it should be arriving on friday.

The amp in question is a Cornford Carrera, the hot-rodded version of their stunning Harlequin (though the Harlequin has a cooler name)...

The amp is completely handmade and handwired in England to very high quality, as indeed are all Cornfords. The amp is designed around the Harlequin as I mentioned, which is a 6W single ended class A EL84 based amp. What makes the Carrera special is the horde of very clever features that have been added, reverb and an effects loop being some of the more obvious. One that is a little more interesting, is the use of switcheable valves in the power amp, from a 9 pin valve (stock EL84, 6V6) to an 8 pin valve (stock 6L6, EL34, KT88). All that needs to be done is switch the amp to standby, flick the 9 pin-8 pin switch and there you go, a different voicing. The EL84 operates at 4W, the 6L6 at 6, however the EL84 is perceivably louder. From here you run into a Celestion V30, all wrapped up in a pine box.

Price? I got mine for £949, which equates to about €1200. My only message that mght discourage you is a warning on how responsive Cornford amps are. They'll crucify you for the slightest hint of slop in your playing. If, ike me you think response is crucial in an amp, then I can't imagine you'd be disappointed with a Cornford.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
I have two small tube amps: a modded epiphone valve jr. which I use through a cab loaded with 2 12 inch Celestian vintage 20s, and a Peavey Classic 20. I use the Classic twenty to take around if I play out or whatever but at home I use the valve jr and classic 20 pretty equal.