im using a korg chromatic tuner CA-30

ok this might sound dumb

my top string when i tune down it says Eb but the A string says G# but people are saying it should be Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb when i tune mine down it says Eb G# C# F# Bb eB....

lol help
i guess thats just how your tuner works, they are the same notes however
Ab and G# are the same note, as are the others.
They are just differently named.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Learn about enharmonic equivalents.

/thread
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
g sharp and a flat are the same note
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
The tuner should say Ab when tuning down from A, and G# when tuning up from G. Strange. Or maybe not.. I wouldn' know. I don't use tuners. You can always tune down half a step by tuning the A string so it matches the 4th fret of the low E string, making it an Ab. Next, tune the low E string down until its fifth fret matches up with the Ab, because this will mean the open E string will now be a Eb. Then, tune the resty of the4 strings like you would normally, starting with the D string.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
This concept confused the hell out of me at first too. Like people are saying, those are both the same thing.

The easiest way I found to think of it was thinking of "half steps." There is a note in between 'A' and 'B.' You can think of it as either a somewhat high A or a somewhat low B. Whichever way you think of it, it's the same thing. If you decide to call it a somewhat high A then it's an A#. If, instead, you want to think of it as a slightly low B then it's a Bb. Whichever way you decide to think of it, it's the same thing. It just has two names.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
Use the tuning thread at the top of this forum.

Closed
Been away, am back