Hey all, I'm surprised it took me this long to think of checking these forums to see if there was a cover section! I'm looking forward to checking out others' music as well as sharing my own. I'll start off by posting my most recent recording - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIIA4CArBHw
EDIT: Also today I've added songs to my profile if people would like to hear the stereo version.

The song was recorded first, and video was added after. Here's a description from youtube for those who'd prefer to read it here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey all,

It's hard to believe this one is finally done. There were numerous occasions on which I nearly scrapped this whole project. The difficulty wasn't in playing the song itself... I had already known most of it for over a year. The problem was that even though I had an acoustic, its frets were just too worn down to hit certain notes properly. After many many of hours of messing around with all sorts of toneport tones, I was able to find one I liked online and modified it the best I could to do the original justice with a non-acoustic.

There are a few slight improvisations in the song. One is the extra melody in the first short solo, as I felt the sound needed to by filled out a bit more in that spot. Also, in place of where the piano melody is, I used a distorted melody with heavy reverb. The ending also hits a different note.

I'm also trying something new, as this is my first vid to be uploaded in FLV format, which will HOPEFULLY preserve the stereo audio. Either way, if it doesn't work this time, I'll try to get it right on my next vid.

Anyway hope you all enjoy!

Recorded in approx... a few weeks on and off (I was lazy on this one)
Audio Recording- N-track Studio
Guitar- Ibanez RG 320 DX, Dropped A# tuning, run through Toneport UX2
Drums- EZDrummer DFH
Bass- Midi
Cam- Creative Live! Pro
Video Editing- Vegas Movie Studio 8.0
Last edited by Metalfan757 at Jul 8, 2008,