I have a 200 watt 6 channel mixer, and 2 15 inch speakers with horns. Last month the band I was playing in broke up and I bought the equipment off the singer. I have stands for the speakers but they're just sitting on my floor in my living room because I have low cielings. I've been running my ipod into it, and the neighbors keep bitching about the bass frequency shaking the floor ( I live in an apartment on the second floor). How can I stop the bass from traveling downstairs?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
sound proof the floor around the speakers maybe?

edit: actually i doubt that would stop the shaking
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
try put the speakers on polystyrene etc...or point them upwards a bit but your best bet is soundproofing!
Soundproofing isn't really a valid option. Proper soundproofing costs a fortune, and involves significant building work.

The best thing I think you could do would be to mount the speakers on some kind of soft, thick material to absorb frequencies, but that won't do a great deal IMO.
There is poetry in despair.
Sound proofing costs way to much, plus I live in an apartment and anything semi-permanent like that is out of the question.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
get some sheets of plywood and cut holes in them a tad smaller than a standard sized tennis ball. Make two platforms like this:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239568&postcount=45

4 tennis balls, a few sheets of plywood...make the platforms big enough for each speaker.
Usually this method is used for v-drums as you can see.