the new classic vibe 60's jazz bass by squier, tis very good
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Most jazz basses can get that kind of tone... Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass is an option, it's in the same price range as the "cheap" SR505

Or better yet Fender Squier Classic Vibe Jazz '60s Bass ($300)

Judging from the more recent basses that Squier has put out, this bass shows promise plus it looks sweet. Although... It's not out yet Gonna be at the end of the month though.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

I don't really follow...are we talking fretless or fretted? Do you want to sound like a '60s recording or Jaco?
Quote by AboveTheBridge
Most jazz basses can get that kind of tone... Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass is an option, it's in the same price range as the "cheap" SR505

Or better yet Fender Squier Classic Vibe Jazz '60s Bass ($300)

Judging from the more recent basses that Squier has put out, this bass shows promise plus it looks sweet. Although... It's not out yet Gonna be at the end of the month though.

GAK get 'em in stock on the 27th so I should be getting mine on the 28th or the 29th. I CAN'T WAIT
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Miss G

Wow, that should fill all your 60's needs TS.

Unless you're going for a Jaco tone, in which case you'll prob. need a fretless.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

What is that white circle?
Also; that is one sexaayy bass.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
It's circling some minor damage as the product is a demo model.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
It's circling some minor damage as the product is a demo model.

Ah. I have a pretty crud monitor so I can't see details that well
Quote by guitarhero_764

get an old school Ric.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by turtlemcdoogle
get an old school Ric.

The perfect solution for someone who doesn't want to spend $1,000 on a 60's Jazz reissue.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
The perfect solution for someone who doesn't want to spend $1,000 on a 60's Jazz reissue.
If I didn't know what you were implying, I wouldn't have caught the sarcasm >.<

Just to note the bass got knocked down to $600 if you're refrencing the one in G's link.
Quote by soccermom
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE