Hey,
I was wondering when you are using a distortion pedal (such as the ProCo Rat, DS-1, ect.) on a dual channel amp, would you activate the pedal while on the clean channel or the dirty channel. If it's preference, what are the pros cons?
Thanks
My Last.Fm

Gear:
1994 MIJ Fender Jaguar
Vox V847-A Wah
ProCo Rat
EHX Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior
well sometimes the dirty channel works if the gain is like right down, but i dunno, i dont use distortion pedals.
im not really a whiz when it comes to this but im assuming clean because popping a dis. pedal on a distorted channel would be well,..too much muddy distortion

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Put it on clean, it sounds like **** if you do it on the dirty setting.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Use an Aux in if you have one. If not, balance the EQ on the clean channel
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Thanks, that also makes sense because when you turn the pedal off, you have the clean channel.
My Last.Fm

Gear:
1994 MIJ Fender Jaguar
Vox V847-A Wah
ProCo Rat
EHX Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior
i got a ds-1... and i use it on clean...
unless i wanna piss my parents off with a ****e-load of feedback, then i hit overdrive on my amp too. haha
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Use it however you want, but bear in mind that gain boosting pedals sound like crap on the distortion channels of solid state amps - they work fine on tube amps though.

You could use it on the clean channel or you could use it on the distortion channel with the pedal gain backed off and the level up to act as a kind of dirty booster. I'd actually be more inclined to use one on my distortion channel TBH, most pedals sound somewhat lacking if you run them straight into a clean channel to me, but you can get some good results blending pedal and amp distortion.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
Use it however you want, but bear in mind that gain boosting pedals sound like crap on the distortion channels of solid state amps - they work fine on tube amps though.

You could use it on the clean channel or you could use it on the distortion channel with the pedal gain backed off and the level up to act as a kind of dirty booster. I'd actually be more inclined to use one on my distortion channel TBH, most pedals sound somewhat if you run them straight into a clean channel to me, but you can get some good results blending pedal and amp distortion.

+1