Hello everyone, I need some opinions on which distortion pedal to buy. I play alot of metal and really heavy stuff so I need a good amount of crunch. I was thinking possibly the Metal Muff but it may not have enough ummphh. It seems so... classic rockish. It be nice if what ever pedal had the 3-band EQ like the muff too.
Please and Thank You
What part of 'Metal Muff' screams 'Classic Rock' at you, TS?
ohai little sig.
Im not sure it just seems like it would have the stuff. Y'know maybe it does thats why I'm asking
Definitely digitech grunge. WAAAAAAAAAY more distortion than you would think.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
what amp do you have TS?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Digitech Death Medal Pedal. f*ckin extreme. I had it on an amp which was on 1, and it was still thicker than my DS-1. Clik the demo button: http://www.digitech.com/products/DeathMetal.htm# .
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by WSR66
Definitely digitech grunge. WAAAAAAAAAY more distortion than you would think.

Have it, it's good for some stuff, but not the best tone for metal.
ok i was in this same situation before, i got the Boss Metalcore pedal (ML-2) for $100 and it has LOADS of brain melting distortion. if you get a chance to try out this pedal, do it and you will not be disappointed. hope this helps
Gear:
1983 Gibson Futura
Gibson Explorer (copy)
Ibanez 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Raven Halfstack
Boss ML-2 Metal Core
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
Home-made killswitch pedal and amp footswitch
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Ibanez PUE-5 Multi Effects
Quote by CapnKickass
Have it, it's good for some stuff, but not the best tone for metal.

i disagree. i think its great- you can get some very bassy sounds from it or a very trebly dime sound from it, with tons of distortion
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Try a Visual Sounds V2 Jekyll & Hyde

It has both overdrive on one side and a distortion pedal on the other. There are video clips from visual sounds on youtube demonstrating a lot of their pedals.
Both sides of the pedal can work at the same time.

Also if you don't care for the overdrive there is also the "Son of Hyde" Pedal by them as well that is just the distortion side of the Jekyll & Hyde.
Quote by Gibson Futura
ok i was in this same situation before, i got the Boss Metalcore pedal (ML-2) for $100 and it has LOADS of brain melting distortion. if you get a chance to try out this pedal, do it and you will not be disappointed. hope this helps

I saw mixed reviews on this pedal. Some said 'This is the best F UCKING PEDAL EVER MADE' and ' This pedal is the worst piece of trash i have ever encountered' so I'd have to dig pretty deep to see if I like it.
in that case, go with the Boss Metal Zone (MT-2).
Assuming you dont turn the distortion as far out as it goes and put the volume on a reasonable level, you can get a wide range of sounds.
BOSS Metal Zone (MT-2)...amazing pedal far bettter than a digitech death metal
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Get a Bugera Amp. It has brain melting dizt0rt1onz without sounding so terribly digital like the MT-2 etc...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by Gibson Futura

Quote by Tango616
BOSS Metal Zone (MT-2)...amazing pedal far bettter than a digitech death metal

Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE