ok so i had this little radioshack 2way on off switch. and i decided i was gonna be an idiot and try to throw it in my crap corsair bass. im kinda new to mods but after a few failed attempts i got it to work. looks pretty good too. for some reason i get this strange feedback when i turn the switch to the off position after a bit of playing i realised i could control the feedback with my crybaby. started having fun then i realised i could also make the bass play in the off position if i touch the input cable. im kinda confused why this is happening. any ideas? its not a bad thing im just wondering so if the time comes that i might need to fix it. for now its really fun to mess with and its a new reason for me to play my crappy bass. (glad i didnt try this with my good equipment)
bass - That thing that goes bum bum bum.
because the on off switch isnt grounded properly.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
and how should i go about grounding it.? is it bad to use it with out grounding it?
Quote by Heartika
and how should i go about grounding it.? is it bad to use it with out grounding it?

unless you like being electrocuted....then yeah its bad..
hmmm ok how do i ground it cause that doesnt seem too appealing
Ground it to the bass bridge as there should already be a ground running there from your pots.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
well yea i planed on that but how? do i just run a wire off of the ones that are already there and then push it down the hole? im pretty confused.
The kill switch you bought from radioshack should have come with a wiring schematic on or in the package showing which point on the switch is the ground line. The image below with the part surrounded in the red box is a ground designation look for that on the schematic that came with the switch.
Attachments:
Schematic-ULN-Channel.jpg
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
it was an on off switch (not accually a killswitch) and i bought it ages ago. there arent any schematics. =[
on-off switch, kill switch, toggle it's all the same. Is one of the wires coming off of it red and one black? The black needs to be grounded to the bridge to complete the circuit.

Edit: I don't know how many pups you have hooked up to it but there should be like 3 connections on the switch back. One wire comes from the pup to the switch and one goes from the switch to the pup (that completes the on/off function when you toggle the switch). The last connection should be to ground.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
Last edited by shredder.cheese at Jul 8, 2008,
Hmmm..ok then I would say you're going to have to get a switch that has a ground line on it, as that is probably why the switch you have is making noise - it is allowing noise in. If you look at a pickup selector switch it has a ground on it and I am betting that the kill switch is going to need that as well.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
the only thing that could go wrong is i could be electricuted and die right? if thats it then im probibially not gonna bother. i just dont wanna ruin my rig. =]
I don't think it would ruin your rig. And if you can stand being shocked I guess no more than a small amount of brain cells will die...you'll live.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
ok thanks shredder =]] besides the feedback is creative i can make it musical.
Yep gotta give Tom Morello props for thinking that one up...I love the way he gets dj scratching out of his rig.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
i just watched that =]] well im off to go mess around and get shocked a few times see ya.