Whenever I do a full step bend, the string(s) above the one I'm bending catch my finger and when I release the bend, they make unwanted noise. Is my action too high or something? Or is it my bending technique?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Could be your action, but most likely your technique, try practicing your bends slower. O and make sure your nails are trimmed.
it could be that the actions to high or it could be that your nail is getting caught on the other strings
Equipment

Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Randall RG50TC
i think it might be the bridge
but first ... how long have u bin playing for ?! it can be ur technique too ... i used to have the same prob and i adjusted my bridge and now its fine ... but i still have probs with bending with guitars who have a high bridge ...
I've been playing for almost 2 years, and I've always had this problem. I've just ignored it because I don't bend all that much in the songs I play, until recently when I learned Black Magic Woman, and it just sounded so bad, even though I was playing the notes exactly right. I couldn't keep those damn open notes from ringing!
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Gotta dampen all those unused strings.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
bending and vibtrato are probably the hrdest naturaly techniques to master, Only time and ptractise can make it better.

I watched a good joe satriani video on bending once which helped me a lot.

Its simply playing the note and then bending up to it on the same string but a whole tone down?

If that makes sense.
It's most likely just your technique. You just have to be aware of what else your hand is touching, and make sure you mute those strings. I have this problem sometimes too, but I'm getting better.