alright. Im trying to record a new song. I a have a pretty low budget set up, Audactiy, some random computer mic, and a laptop.

im using a mesa f-50 btw

Its just power chords with gain, and it sounds fine when i record it for the first few seconds. Then... the sound decreases and i can still hear the chords, but there is no gain, and theres this wooshy, wah wah type of sound. I HATE IT

can someone help me?
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
have you tried a new mic? laptops generally come with built in mics so you could test it on that to see if the problem's with the mic or something else?
are you plugging your amp straight into the computer or using the mic to record?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
im using mic to record
Quote by statixguitar53

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Your mic is picking up a lot of feedback which is looping the bad fundamentals from the recording over and over from your recording....SO buy a nice mic and when you record use headphones so you don't get a feedback loop and recorded unwanted noise.
Quote by Renagade09
Your mic is picking up a lot of feedback which is looping the bad fundamentals from the recording over and over from your recording....SO buy a nice mic and when you record use headphones so you don't get a feedback loop and recorded unwanted noise.

if your saying that my mic is recording previous exsisting tracks that is playing over my laptop while im recording, thats not the case.

This is my first layer, and its giving me this strange wooshy sound.
Quote by statixguitar53

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory