I really can't find too many threads/lessons that tell you what to practice to get better. So can people give me songs/solos that will increase the ability of my fingers to move about on the fretboard?

My current level: I can play the stairway solo, and the trooper solo.

I don't want anything like patterns or scales, I just want songs/solos that will make me a better guitarist.
the beast and the harlot- A7X
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
just attempt to play any necrophagist song slowed down of course. it will hlep all aspects of your playing.trust me it works. when you can play it slow flawlessly speed it up a bit.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by zaqwsx170
I really can't find too many threads/lessons that tell you what to practice to get better.

Nothing... and everything.

If you keep trying to look for getting better in a "what", you'll be looking a lot longer
than if you asked a "how'?

Anything can be content for practicing, but how you practice is the important thing.
Nothing... and everything.

If you keep trying to look for getting better in a "what", you'll be looking a lot longer
than if you asked a "how'?

Anything can be content for practicing, but how you practice is the important thing.

Humor me.
You dont think Beast And The Harlot might be just abit too advanced? Well the solo anyway, it's pretty fast.

If your looking for something to practice with, slow something fast down and then get it faster and faster. Time is not your friend and this will be a bitch, unfortunately you have to deal with it.

Try Crystal Planet by Joe Satriani. You might not get anywhere near close but its worth a try.

If not; Fade To Black or Master Of Puppets (both by Metallica obviously). Both worth a try, you should be able to get Fade To Black anyway.
Quote by Demonikk
Sig quotes can't be raised in captivity as you are trying to do, they must be taken from their natural environment, the vast plains of the pit for them to be truly beautiful

B# and E# exist. IN THEORY.
Prove me otherwise on your guitar.
Quote by zaqwsx170

I don't want anything like patterns or scales, I just want songs/solos that will make me a better guitarist.

see, you might not think you need scales and stuff, but a they help finger strength, which makes you a better guitarist, and they help your knowledge for music theory, so that when you want to write something original , you dont waste your time noodling like a jackass. So yes scales FTW
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage