I'm trying to start a webcomic, and I have most of what is needed except the ability to draw bodies. I can draw heads, just not bodies. Does anyone have any tips on how to draw human bodies? thanks
fght ff yr dmns. wrt sngs n yr slp. fight yr dmns your DEMONS. w lv y. w mss y. i lv y s mch tht t hrts m hd.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Just do ambiguous ones like Cyanide and Happiness?

But not too similar, or you'll be plagiarising.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
They don't have to be accurate. The focus will be on what is happening, not what the people look like, I assume. A simple one will do fine.
yess i like to drown people

EDIT:

apparently the thread is called drawing people and not drowning people??

zach is alone
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
if you really want to get into drawing the human figure, I suggest getting an artist anatomy book. They're expensive, usually between $40 and $60, but they're worth it. If you're doing comics, just do something you can do really, don't worry about it, I mean it is a comic.
When you're doing comics, you need to draw something simple, cos you'll be drawing it over and over again.

I suggest guidelines:
Draw a stick figure first, then draw blocks on the sticks to add mass to the body, then draw curves over them and finally the outline. Then trace the outline in pen and erase the pencil guidelines. It helps a lot. You'll also be able to see which body parts overlap, so you won't have crossing lines and stuff.

Keep proportions constant. Usually, the total height of the body is equal to about 7 times the 'height' of the head. It doesn't have to be like this for cartoons, as long as you keep it constant. It'll look odd in a comic of characters grow or shrink throughout.

KEEP THE NUMBER OF FINGERS CONSTANT. Sorry, than annoys me personally. I've seen cartoons where characters have 3 fingers by default, but when they do something with their hand (no, not like THAT, you perverts) it shows them with 4 fingers.
screw people use animals.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself