Basically, I've been trying to learn all of Back in Black by AC/DC for the past month or so (I only have ~30 minutes a day to play). I have every single part of the song down fairly accurately except the solo. And I'm not doing all that bad on the solo, it's just a one-beat lick that's messing me up almost every time. I've practiced it with a metronome, but whatever I do, it just doesn't get any better.

EDIT: OK, it's not only one beat... I would've fixed it by now if it really was. The main thing is I can't go through the song without making a significant mistake or two.

So I've been thinking about dropping the song for now and picking up a new, slightly easier song to learn. Do you guys think that this is a good idea, or should I stick with Back in Black until I get it down perfectly?
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
I say you should stick with it and just keep playing it, the mistakes will correct themselves, unless you learned it the wrong way.
I think you should drop it for now, and learn other things for a while. Come back to it in like a couple weeks and you'll find that it'll be considerably easier to play.
just keep playing until you get it right. I learnt from that because I often used to start songs and learn bits then stop playing because I couldnt play a solo or something and move onto the next song that I wanted to play or learn. Another thing you could do is, as MrSheen said if you are playing the bit wrong slow down and learn it again at a very slow tempo then once you have it down at a slow tempo, just increase until you can play it at the correct tempo.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
dont give up on it,
it will lead to bad habits
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by aznmetalhead93
I think you should drop it for now, and learn other things for a while. Come back to it in like a couple weeks and you'll find that it'll be considerably easier to play.

+1
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus