Page 1 of 2
i'm stuck at work right now and bored out of my skull so instead of thinking of creative ways to kill myslef so i won't have to do this job anymore i've been thinking about why i'm working this job. with the money i earn, as well as the sale of my Jackson Guitar (which i don't play ever) i will be purchasing a Rickenbacker 4003 in Fireglow. i have dreamed of this bass for so long and it's finally within my grasp

ps. i know that this thread does not ask a question but really i just needed to remind myself why i'm working a 9-5 desk job that i hate
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
YOU BASTARD!!!! Ive wanted a Rickenbocker 4003 for so damn long! But The job market sucks and NO where is hiring!!

What do you do for work?
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
not the new midnight blue? oh well, still gorgeous, well done man, this will validate ur place in life
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by SoftParade1967
YOU BASTARD!!!! Ive wanted a Rickenbocker 4003 for so damn long! But The job market sucks and NO where is hiring!!

What do you do for work?

i work in a travel agency inputting data
I shot JR

I did the same last summer, I got up at 4.30 every Saturday and 6.00 every Sunday for most of my summer to stack shelves at M&S, was well worth it though, I got my Ashdown out of it at the end.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
I did the same last summer, I got up at 4.30 every Saturday and 6.00 every Sunday for most of my summer to stack shelves at M&S, was well worth it though, I got my Ashdown out of it at the end.

the pain you go through to get this stuff makes you love it so much more, i did the same last year to get my Stingray 5 20th Anniversary
I shot JR

sorry but ricks are hideous!!!....what you need is a overwater bass i tried one in my local guitar shop and it was insane its like it was made from the wood of noahs ark itself!!(adding biblical refrence to make bass sound godlike!!) i played a 4 string one which cost about £1500 and it would have been worth every penny if i had that kinda money!
I've always wanted a Rick. But I'm really afraid I will lose my GAS. Why? you ask? I love that feeling like, "I can't wait to find my perfect bass!"
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by bass is bestest
sorry but ricks are hideous!!!

you are hereby banished, hang your head
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I know the feeling, I couldn't wait and bought my new bass on hp, now I have a year untill I pay it off...
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by Drmckool
i'm stuck at work right now and bored out of my skull so instead of thinking of creative ways to kill myslef so i won't have to do this job anymore i've been thinking about why i'm working this job. with the money i earn, as well as the sale of my Jackson Guitar (which i don't play ever) i will be purchasing a Rickenbacker 4003 in Fireglow. i have dreamed of this bass for so long and it's finally within my grasp

ps. i know that this thread does not ask a question but really i just needed to remind myself why i'm working a 9-5 desk job that i hate

Slap on a Ric. Its beautiful.
Ric looks awesome...but sometimes I feel like im the odd man out by drooling over amps and cabs over the bass itself.
Schecter Studio 5
Peavey Millenium BXP 5

Ampeg SVT 3 Pro

...work in progress
I just have one thing that kinda bugs me about Rics...

I mean, they sound amazing, and are sexy as hell, but does anyone else think their necks are just too narrow?
The.
Quote by CaptainJack666

tom dooley, hang down your head and cry...

lovely basses. Ricks have that tone...

I wish Rick had a Squier type thing...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by CaptainJack666

but ricks have a stupid shape and there really is nothing specail about them apart from the fact they are unique and that seems to be the only reason why people wanna buy them.... why buy a ugly mofo bass when u could have a pretty mofo bass i ask.
I agree to an extent with bass is bestest, for a long time I basically thought Rics looked like a dead cow with its neck stretched on a rack....over time however I have come to appreciate their shape and looks, especially in midnight blue, although I still hate the fire glo, sorry TS, just an opinion

Have always loved their tone however, they really do have a unique and wonderful sound, and sound beats looks in instruments anyday!!!! FACT
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by bass is bestest
but ricks have a stupid shape and there really is nothing specail about them apart from the fact they are unique and that seems to be the only reason why people wanna buy them.... why buy a ugly mofo bass when u could have a pretty mofo bass i ask.

your leaving out how

1. i like the look and i'm buying it not you
2. i love the tone for the music i play. if you don't believe the tone is unique i dare you to get another bass to sound like a Ric sounds
I shot JR

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
?Quoi? How does that make any sense in the slightest?

it doesn't have to!
I shot JR

Quote by Drmckool
it doesn't have to!

yes, it does. they have a unique feel, tone, and look. how is it not special?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
yes, it does. they have a unique feel, tone, and look. how is it not special?

dude it was a joke, i'm the TS, the one who is working a job i hate to buy the bass, read the entire thread and you'll see
I shot JR

brain fart.

you recieve these 10 complimentary rythym points.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by bass is bestest

The most special thing about them is they make people jealous
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I personally want one o' dem 4004's.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by IHATECHILDREN

I mean, they sound amazing, and are sexy as hell, but does anyone else think their necks are just too narrow?

On careful consideration, not at all. However I suppose it's all opinion.
Quote by Blompcube
The most special thing about them is they make people jealous

i would not in anyway feel jelous of some1 elses ric ...the only thing id be jelous about is they have to much money for there own good...FACT!!
Quote by bass is bestest
i would not in anyway feel jelous of some1 elses ric ...the only thing id be jelous about is they have to much money for there own good...FACT!!

you've been badmouthing rics and people who like rics now for no real stated reason i just have one question to ask you, are you blind and deaf... just kidding but seriously why are you spewing all this hate against these basses
I shot JR

Quote by bass is bestest

Or maybe they worked hard and saved their money for something they really want. Did you ever consider that? I hate when people call me rich for having nice bass gear, I'm a landscaper making not much more than minimum wage while working between 40 and 50 hours a week. I bust my back all day long for my gear, and I don't regret it a bit. Be a little more considerate before posting comments like this.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Or maybe they worked hard and saved their money for something they really want. Did you ever consider that? I hate when people call me rich for having nice bass gear, I'm a landscaper making not much more than minimum wage while working between 40 and 50 hours a week. I bust my back all day long for my gear, and I don't regret it a bit. Be a little more considerate before posting comments like this.

seconded i also work 40 hours a week inputting data and damn it i'm going to spend whatever i want on bass equipment and don't you dare call me rich for owning over $12,000 worth of equipment
I shot JR

Last edited by Drmckool at Jul 9, 2008,
Quote by skippy_moogoose
I agree to an extent with bass is bestest, for a long time I basically thought Rics looked like a dead cow with its neck stretched on a rack....

What an interesting analagy sir educational too, as i too never knew I like the looks of a stretched cow on a rack!

Ricks = Win, and for the none believers then so be it, its all taste. I suppose the good thing about a rick is the "love or hate" ness of it- proves character.

And as for he 4004, I wasn't convinced at first- but its growing on me- i realise they had to do a more modern one eventually.

I'm very jealous of you for getting one- I need to save up my hard earned pennies too, and I'll join you at the rick club
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
Quote by IHATECHILDREN

the ric i tried was the nicest feeling bass i've ever played, it was like fap in bass form
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Quote by bass dude nick
the ric i tried was the nicest feeling bass i've ever played, it was like fap in bass form

quit kidding yourself. you're a short scale.

I love you!
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Manoman, I can't imagine how it feels to say "yeah, I'm bored of my Thumb BO and 20th Anniversary Stinger. I think I need a Ric."
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Manoman, I can't imagine how it feels to say "yeah, I'm bored of my Thumb BO and 20th Anniversary Stinger. I think I need a Ric."

ah you remember i have those two basses. let me tell you it's not i'm bored, it's i have always covetted a Ric and i have a problem with my GAS, it controlls me.

you forgot about my p-bass though
I shot JR

Quote by Drmckool
ah you remember i have those two basses. let me tell you it's not i'm bored, it's i have always covetted a Ric and i have a problem with my GAS, it controlls me.

you forgot about my p-bass though

Well, MIM P-Basses aren't quite on the level with Thumbs and Musicmen.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Page 1 of 2