Right now I have two guitars, my MIA deluxe fat strat, and an ibanez JTK1 Jetking, and I'm thinking about upgrading the pickups on my jetking,

it currently has Super 58's in both the neck and bridge positions, and I like them and all but they sometimes seem to lack the "umph" that I sometimes want. which makes sense because they are more vintage pickups and i traditionally play with a more modern tone in mind.

the obvious answer? get new pickups. but im scared! to get two good pups to replace them and have them installed its going to cost me about 200$ and then what if they dont sound like i want them? Or what i dont rly notice a difference between them and my last pups? *sigh* i guess i probly just need to either decide not to do it or get over it and do it.

i know people will say it anyway, but please ignore the amp situation (spider III 150watt) getting a tube right now would be stupid for me.

thanks
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by smb
Pickups will definitely be a waste of money with the amp you have, and you know it.

and i wont even rly be using this amp for the next four years.

hence

idc about the amp

im going to be playing through a boss ME-50, in a dorm room.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
and i wont even rly be using this amp for the next four years.

hence

idc about the amp

im going to be playing through a boss ME-50, in a dorm room.

That makes it even less worth it.
see if you like the Jet King's tone more when you get your tube first. If you dont, find a guitar with the pups(or very similar) you want to put in your JK with the same body wood, bridge and body width(if possible). Play it though the same model as your new amp, it'll be close to the tone it'll have on your JK.

good luck!
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by plucky duck
see if you like the Jet King's tone more when you get your tube first. If you dont, find a guitar with the pups(or very similar) you want to put in your JK with the same body wood, bridge and body width(if possible). Play it though the same model as your new amp, it'll be close to the tone it'll have on your JK.

good luck!

yea...the more i think about it the more sense it makes to just wait.... *sigh* i hate being addicted to instant gratification.......

EDIT: thanks btw
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Get a very small 1 watt tube amp or something.

ah, but whats the point of that? id get better tone, sure, but for like 300-400$ and as soon as i decided to get a bigger amp i would have to drop another 600$ at least, which would then put me $1000 in the hole rather than 600.

thanks, tho
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional