Would A Fender Strat or a Gibson SG be better blues guitars? My favorite Guitarist (Eric Clapton) played a SG and a Strat. I have a Strat now, and it has a very warm tone. I've tried to play an SG at Guitar Center, but all the amps at guitar center seem to have something wrong with them(very scratchy). Does anyone have any suggestions.
SG is absolutely warmer than a strat.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
1 - Which era of Clapton's playing do you prefer, tonally?

2 - What other blues guitarists do you like, tonally?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
don't ever call a guitar you play blues on an "axe"
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
Definitely strat. A tele is infinitely times better if you can lay your hands on one.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Depends on what kind of blues you play.... If you're Angus Young or Jimmy Page, you want an SG, If you're Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton you want a Strat. But if you want IMO the best blues sound, go for a hollowbody that feels good for you.... SO much better for blues.
Super-mega-ultra-neato things should go here!!
Ummm no... The amps you tried didn't have problems with them. It was probably distortion. I think that Strats are the best blues guitars btw.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
A strat is my first choice but an es335 is a close second.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
get a strat with a humbuker and also a coil splitt. so you van have both humbuker sound and singel coil sound.
Quote by RooZ
get a strat with a humbuker and also a coil splitt. so you van have both humbuker sound and singel coil sound.

Keeping mind that I don't think that you can split the stock humbucker on a Strat. Well, on the MIM at least.
Quote by TheProducer
Keeping mind that I don't think that you can split the stock humbucker on a Strat. Well, on the MIM at least.

yes thats true, but if he would change the pickup it would still be a good idea.
Quote by RooZ
yes thats true, but if he would change the pickup it would still be a good idea.

Yeah for sure. I was just expressing the disappointment I experienced when I found that out.
Whenever I check out Eric Clapton's videos, he's always holding a strat. Just sayin'...
Quote by BrickIsRed
Whenever I check out Eric Clapton's videos, he's always holding a strat. Just sayin'...

Except for the < 1969 ones where he's got an SG.
Quote by operation ktulu
don't ever call a guitar you play blues on an "axe"

sorry about that, I see that alot of people use that word. I've decided with an es-335. to everyone else: I'm more leaning to the 60s blues, and BBKING. Jimi is also a favorite