I know next to nothign about amps. I'm looking for a combo amp, preferably tube. I'd like to keep the price under $1000. My playing style is classic rock and blues mainly, but every now and then I get a heavy kick and need to play some heavy distorted riffs. So basically I'd need a fairly versatile amp.Also, I'll list some of my favorite bands just incase it would be helpful: Motley Crue, Neil Young, Aerosmith, Cinderella, Rob Zombie, Stone Temple Pilots (Particularly like DeLeo's tone) and Cheap Trick. Also the guitar I'm playing with now is an epiphone les paul.

Can you guys help a guy out?
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
No help at all? </3
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Quote by ShredGod George

it's not, way to post the ****tiest overpriced marshall in solid state production. But im sure the oh-so-shiny marshall logo was all that attracted you

Ts look for a TUBE marshall (a jcm800 is always good)
maybe a used orange combo?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by shredhead22
it's not, way to post the ****tiest overpriced marshall in solid state production. But im sure the oh-so-shiny marshall logo was all that attracted you

Ts look for a TUBE marshall (a jcm800 is always good)
maybe a used orange combo?

Last edited by ShredGod George at Jul 8, 2008,
+1 to an Orange Combo. A Rocker 30 would probably be fine, though a Rockerverb 50 would probably be even better if you can find one for cheap enough.

If not, a JCM800 combo would work beautifully.

Quote by ShredGod George

Not only do you recommend an amp that's almost universally regarded as crap, but then you get indignant when someone calls you out for it?

Don't expect heaps of popularity here.
Last edited by hrdcorelaxplaya at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by ShredGod George

I dunno why you're giving the finger....i'm not fond of the MG either.

And no, there is no bandwagon jumping.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by ShredGod George

Im not wrong. You posted the MG without any experience or knowledge of that particular amp (obvious with your "i dunno if itz tubze!!!lol" remark). So that means you're either a troll or simply suggested it because it has the Marshall logo. Either way STFU kay
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Jul 9, 2008,
Quote by shredhead22
Im not wrong. You posted the MG without any experience or knowledge of that particular amp (obvious with your "i dunno if itz tubze!!!lol" remark). So that means you're either a troll or simply suggested it because it has the Marshall logo. Either way STFU kay

Burn.....