what is your opinion of it i have one and think iit kills yet i read reviews of people saying it dose not what is the general opinion.
Last edited by heavenlyshredR at Jul 8, 2008,
It's anything but special, the tube in the amp doesn't do enough to warm the tone to justify either it's presence or the extra cost.

The money you could spend on that amp would be better spent on a decent tube combo that could do the tone you want better.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i got a VS65R combo and i think its awesome *holds up flame shield*
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's anything but special, the tube in the amp doesn't do enough to warm the tone to justify either it's presence or the extra cost.

The money you could spend on that amp would be better spent on a decent tube combo that could do the tone you want better.

Indeed. It's like what, 500 bucks? You could get a pretty sick used tube combo for 500 bucks.
they aren't that bad, they are just not very good, especially for the price... i tried one which cost £240 used and it sounded really odd, as though there was gunk in the circuitry or something, then again, keyword "used"... but i managed to get a good quality 30 watt tube amp for £200, as opposed to a shoddy hybrid with an iconic logo stuck to it for £240
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The Valvestate I tried wasn't really good for much... sounded little better than an MG.

Although it did get a pretty nice '70s punk tone going, the fact that it only had one channel turned me off.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The Valvestate I tried wasn't really good for much... sounded little better than an MG.

Although it did get a pretty nice '70s punk tone going, the fact that it only had one channel turned me off.

The only one that has 1 channel is the 20w version, all the rest have at least 2 and the head has 4 channels, one of which is an acoustic simulator.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
My buddy can get some decent tones out of it when doing small classic rock gigs, but in the little time I have spent on one, I wasn't able to make it sound particularly good.