I'm dead set on ordering a guitar on Friday, but I need to choose between two guitars, and I was hoping you could help me out a bit. I was originally ordering an ESP LTD F-400 for £600, but now it seems like I will only have £250 due to spending my summer job money on video games, cigarettes and alcohol and the list goes on.

Oh well, I need a new guitar for college and it's either going to be the ESP LTD F-100 (essentially the F-50 with better colours) or the BC Rich Masterpiece mockingbird. I'm mainly going to be playing heavy metal, something that can handle alot of distortion without going too fuzzy like my current guitar would be nice. I also like to play alot of warm and thick chords, but is this too much to ask for a £250 guitar?

Your help is greatly appreciated. (I'm also open to suggestions of a different guitar)
If you can scrape up another 50 quid the Washburn X50 pro is great value.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
A Fender Frontman 15G... not great I know, but at college I'll be using some Marshall stacks (not sure which models they are).
Quote by steven seagull

I just searched it on youtube, I'm loving what I see, I think I might just be able to get 50 quid off my dad
Quote by steven seagull

agreed. and if he can't, machinehead still seems to have some of those WI65pro idols for £239 (though cherry seems to be gone).

http://machinehead.co.uk/index.php/cPath/21_49

i'd avoid those low-end LTDs, I haven't tried them but as far as I'm aware, they're beginner models.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Morphox
I just searched it on youtube, I'm loving what I see, I think I might just be able to get 50 quid off my dad

You know, not being a Brit, sayings like, "get quid off my Dad," just sound strange at first.

Maybe I'm just perverse.
Quote by Morphox
A Fender Frontman 15G... not great I know, but at college I'll be using some Marshall stacks (not sure which models they are).

a new amp would be a good idea too, but i don't think it's worth splitting a £250 budget for both an amp and guitar, if you aren't careful both will be junk. buy the guitar now, and use the college's amps. then buy a new amp later when you have money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Morphox
What's "quid" over there then :/

Haha, nothing that I know of at all man, just a funny sounding word.

Not criticizing you at all, bro!

It would have the same meaning if it were used here. I'm sure some people do.
Quote by Morphox

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531

Honestly, you wouldn't be getting ripped off if you paid £400 for a guitar with those specs.

The Yamaha AES620 is also pretty well spec'd for the price.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/yamaha-aes620-electric-guitar/12121
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Thanks for your help guys I'm definitely getting the X50 now, what an awesome tone

cheers
Quote by steven seagull

wow, that's a lot more than they used to be. at one point those were £240, i think. They're nice, but if you ask me, the washburns are nicer (either the x50pro or wi65pro)- and considering the washburns are cheaper, there's not really much of a contest to be honest. the washburns have a much nicer bridge and neck pickup too (custom custom/ '59).

Not that I normally like to disagree with you, mark.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by steven seagull
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531

Honestly, you wouldn't be getting ripped off if you paid £400 for a guitar with those specs.

I completely agree with this guy, those are some nice guitars, well worth the money.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by Dave_Mc
wow, that's a lot more than they used to be. at one point those were £240, i think. They're nice, but if you ask me, the washburns are nicer (either the x50pro or wi65pro)- and considering the washburns are cheaper, there's not really much of a contest to be honest. the washburns have a much nicer bridge and neck pickup too (custom custom/ '59).

Not that I normally like to disagree with you, mark.

I think the Washburn shades it too, but I played one of the Yamahas a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^ yeah, i tried one ages back, i thought it was quite nice, but not as nice as the washburns, it felt a little more like it had been built down to a price. though i did try it in the soho soundhouse, and anything i've tried there was in pretty bad nick. No wonder it (and sound control) went belly-up.

i guess i agree with the article which that adi vines dude wrote in guitar and bass magazine... gist was that sound control went under because it was rubbish.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Peavey rotor EX, dude from Lamb of god use that as backup. its bout £170 from gak.