What are some good channels on youtube that offer comprehensive lessons on theory? I already know a bit about the blues, but am interested in starting a bit of jazz. Also, lessons pertaining specifically to songwriting, figuring out the key of a song, developing the musical ear further, and using tritones, arpeggios and whatnot would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
erm the searchbar channel?
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Y'know, the one that's in your music store/bookstore in that place with all the shelves and the BOOKS... what was it called again?
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Appreciate it JOE DESTROYER...

ooh searchbar joke. Did you happen to come up with that one all by yourself?

I actually have a lot of books on theory, but unfortunately my attention span isn't great enough to really buckle down and consume them. I tend to be a more visual learner anyway, so that's why I asked.
Quote by Nikita, Righ?

I actually have a lot of books on theory, but unfortunately my attention span isn't great enough to really buckle down and consume them. I tend to be a more visual learner anyway, so that's why I asked.

No, it took me 5 days and 42 people to write that just for u....
Seriously why cant u use the searchbar?
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Quote by slogankid1

I'll start using the searchbar when you stop recycling every other reply to every single thread in The Pit. kthnxbyegetalife.
Quote by slogankid1

Because "what YouTube channels cover theory?" is not a common enough question for the search bar to be of any use. People fucking rape the search bar jokes around here. Searches are non-specific and, quite frankly, shit.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Nikita, Righ?

Theory's not a visual subject though, there's no mechanical process involved therefore there's no way around the fact that you have to do some old fashioned studying in order to learn it.

Becoming a good guitarist requires commitment, and you have to do some donkey work to get to the good stuff. If you struggle to with your attention span then you have to motivate yourself to pay attention to things for longer - the desire to learn these things should be motivation enough.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 9, 2008,
http://youtube.com/user/riffoftheweek

Some of the videos of theory oriented, but it's a good channel overall for guitar related shaz.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed