hey everyonem, ive been pretty dissapointed about my lead tone as of lately. i just recently purchased a crate palomino 32 212 which is run straight into my (2005?) mim fender strat hss with a seymour duncan JB in the bridge. i love the sound i get on my neck pickup for lead and rythem, a very overdriven blues sound. i love the sound even more on my bridge humbucker playing rythem but the lead is really thin and weak sounding. how could i possible make my tone fatten up and become less thin and piercing when playing lead? thanks

EDIT*
i have been thinking about getting a new guitar also and am open for suggestions. i was possibly thinking a 2008 standard american strat. i love to play the blues and blues rock (hendrix, white stripes, led zeppelin) that type of stuff
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
Last edited by ozzy102691 at Jul 8, 2008,
Get a TS-808 clone. I recommend the Visual Sound Route 808.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Try an eq pedal. You can set it up for a mid boost and less treble.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by gregs1020
No luck tweeking your eq or tone knob?

no not much, i really like the rythem sound i am getting and i dont wanna change that much : /
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
Quote by ozzy102691
no not much, i really like the rythem sound i am getting and i dont wanna change that much : /

Maybe just roll the tone knob on the guitar back a little when you solo. That way it's easy to roll to the original position after your solo is over to get to the rhythm you like.
Chorus can really thicken your tone,

i've recently been messing with some chorus and have got an amazing sound out of it.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by Toms' anominous
Chorus can really thicken your tone,

i've recently been messing with some chorus and have got an amazing sound out of it.

yea i know but i really dont wanna have that chorus sound all the time when im playing, thanks though
I had a JB in my MIM Strat and replaced it with a Custom Custom and it helped a bunch. I don't think you need to spend money on a MIA Strat but possibly a different amp but I doubt that either.

is it really only the HB you are not satisfied with or did I miss something? Have you played a different guitar in that amp or your guitar in a different amp?