I don't own a metroneome, but instead I use one on the computer. I have been practicing bushing up on my sweeping ability and I know that you want to pick (or sweep in this case) each string at the 'click' of the metroneome.

My question is, how can I speed up even more (playing along with the metroneome) even if the metroneome has reached it's maximum tempo of 250 bpm and I can play along with it?

I I )
I_I_)
actually I would suggest four notes per click.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
set the speed lower to around 100, pick two notes per click, and then work your way up
Member #5 of the The Haunted fan club.
err are you playing one note per click?

im assuming so

instead of playing in quarter notes, try sweeping 8th notes so that you are picking 2 equally spaced notes between each click, so slow it down some.

once youve got that down try in 16th notes, if you can play that at 250 UG will be very impressed
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
divide the beats in eighth notes and sixteenth notes-

instead of 1 2 3 4, try 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 and furthermore, 1e+a 2e+a 3e+a 4e+a
if this is new to you, you should search for some posts on rhythm
There's no correct way to sweep along with a metronome, you don't have to with the down beat(click). Depending on what kind of grouping your notes are (triplets, 6:4, 8:6,etc.) or timing (4/4, 3/4, etc.) you can pick on the up beat or down. So you might wanna try different groupings or time signatures. It's rare that any musician actually plays up to 250 bpm.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
I would suggest eighth-note triplets in 4/4. This way, you're playing a whole sweep down and up, which is equivalent to 12 notes, in 1 full bar. You can get some pretty good speed out of this, too. That's how I do it.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
So, BPM is basically how many notes while sweeping you get in a minute, right? So if I can sweep 20 notes in 5 seconds, that means im going at 240bpm?

No, beats =\= notes. You could be going 240 BPM if you were playing straight quarter notes, but the chances are you aren't.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
So, BPM is basically how many notes while sweeping you get in a minute, right? So if I can sweep 20 notes in 5 seconds, that means im going at 240bpm?

bpm is literally how many beats per minute. In standard 4/4 time, one bar contains four beats. The length of notes is given as a fraction of a bar in 4/4 time. So a quarter note is one fourth of a bar, or one beat long. A 16th note is 4 notes in a beat.

So if a person says they can play at 240 bpm, you don't actually know how many notes per second they can play, because you don't know whether they are playing 1/4 notes, 8th's, 16ths, etc.