So i've had my Ibanez TS-9 for about a year now, and it sounds great when playing at band practice, however, when i play at low volumes it sounds pretty muddy. It doesn't bother me that much as i love the tone at practice, but i have to turn the tone all the way up for good tone at low volumes, is this normal?

I use it over the clean channel, and it's a reissue btw.

Thanks
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Highway One Telecaster

TC Electronic Polytune
Electro Harmonix Pitchfork
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Fultone OCD
Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff
TC Electronics Flashback X 4
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4
You sure it's not the amp at low volumes?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Maybe, but i thought overdrives were supposed to replicate a valve amp breaking up without cranking it.

TC Electronic Polytune
Fultone OCD
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4
I really don't know your answer, but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of an attenuator? Not sure bro.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Overdrive basically just is a boost..... It should boost whatever channel you have it on. But no, it doesn't work like an attenuator. It's most likely your amp, especially since it's a tube amp. Has it always been muddy at low volumes?
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Well, i used to run it through an MG100DFX (yeah, i know) and it was muddy through that. I thought getting a tube amp would solve the problem :S

TC Electronic Polytune
Fultone OCD
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4
Loud tube amps will always sound meh at bedroom levels.

Tubes sound good at high level but lose alot of tone when turned down low. If you want tube tone at bedroom levels a low watt amp is the way to go.
yeah they do sound kind of muddy and harsh at lower volumes. it doesnt have to be really loud to sound good though. you just have to live with it, its frustrating though.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.