Yeah. I noticed it too. Many guitars today seem to lack creativity. And you know what? I decided to adress it. So UG, just post the pics and specs of any two or more guitars that are (nearly) exactly the same. This includes body shape, wood type, hardware, inlays, whatever. Here are mine.
Jackson RR24
Jackson RR24 Specs:
Body: Neck-thru, vintage Rhoads, alder
Neck: Maple 3-piece
Fingerboard: Ebony
Nut: Bone, 1-11/16
Scale: 25.5"
Inlay: Sharkfin
Frets: 24, small wire
Hardware: Gotoh tuners, non-locking
Bridge: Floyd Rose tremolo
Pickup - EMG 81
Controls - 1 volume
ESP Alexi Laiho 600
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Specs:
Body: Neck-thru, Alder
Neck: Maple 3-piece
Fingerboard: Ebony
Scale: 25.5"
Inlay: Sawtooth
Frets: 24 extra jumbo
Hardware: Black, Grover tuners
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose tremolo
Pickup: Seymour Duncan Blackout active humbucker
Controls: 1 volume

The only things different are the pickup, tuners, inlays and the size of the stripe, which are insignifiacnt/easy to switch.
I never realized how ugly the pinstripes on the LTD are until now, yikes...
Last edited by T!AN at Jul 8, 2008,
Well... in terms of that Jackson RR and the Esp Alexi Laiho model, here's the deal:

In September of 2002, Alexi's custom Jackson guitars (one of them bearing the famous "Wildchild" sticker) were stolen by an unidentified thief while he was asleep with Latvala after a night partying with the other members of the band after a concert. Alexi needed new instruments, but Jackson had just been sold to the Fender Musical Instrument Company and wouldn't be able to build a custom guitar for Alexi for at least one year. ESP Guitars, however, told Alexi they could build a replacement in three months, and he signed with the company.

So basically he had used the same Jackson RR model and since it had been stolen ESP offered him a replacemant that could be built quicker with the same type of model etc.

edit: yes but regarding the topic of the thred, there are too many copy guitars and not enough more interesting model designs.

PS I AM NOT AN ALEXI LAIHO FANBOY lol. I am a Mikael Akerfeldt fanboy
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Last edited by nikhil101 at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by nikhil101
Well... in terms of that Jackson RR and the Esp Alexi Laiho model, here's the deal:

In September of 2002, Alexi's custom Jackson guitars (one of them bearing the famous "Wildchild" sticker) were stolen by an unidentified thief while he was asleep with Latvala after a night partying with the other members of the band after a concert. Alexi needed new instruments, but Jackson had just been sold to the Fender Musical Instrument Company and wouldn't be able to build a custom guitar for Alexi for at least one year. ESP Guitars, however, told Alexi they could build a replacement in three months, and he signed with the company.

So basically he had used the same Jackson RR model and since it had been stolen ESP offered him a replacemant that could be built quicker with the same type of model etc.

edit: yes but regarding the topic of the thred, there are too many copy guitars and not enough more interesting model designs.

PS I AM NOT AN ALEXI LAIHO FANBOY lol. I am a Mikael Akerfeldt fanboy

I wonder how much the two stolen Jackson guitars are worth
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
probably a lot. lol and nikhil101 solved the Alexi -RRV issue.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
And they are basically the same but the bottom wing is longer and there is a cutout on the bottom near the frets so you have better fret access. Yeah they are both the RR shape but so what. There are flying V's made by so many different companies. Basically every company makes an LP shape.