At 12 I was playing a beat up Sears Les Paul copy with MXR distortion through a Fender Champ and trying to slow Van Halen down half speed on an eight track player.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Last edited by shredder.cheese at Jul 8, 2008,
I was trying to play my Takamini flying x! i miss it!

Remember! You're special! Just like everyone else!
Quote by shredder.cheese
...trying to slow Van Halen down half speed on an eight track player.

I saw an interview with Tommy Emmanuel last weekend in which he said he used to put a pile of coins on a record on the turntable to slow the song down.

Good video, thanks for posting it. Joe is playing so naturally I wonder if his parents played lots of guitar solos to him when he was still in the womb!
Last edited by Dalron at Jul 10, 2008,
When I was 12 I was oficially the smartest kid in my year at school, just had my eyebrow pierced, still going to guitar lessons weekly and playing gay hymns and **** with the school band and learning Shadows and Ventures songs for myself.

It was all downhill for a good 5 years after that..
Uh... when I was 12 I was probably playing Sonic the Hedgehog.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
damn probably listeining to popular crap on the radio...im so ashamed but ive come along way!
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
at the tender young age of 12 i think i was being forced into piano lessons...i was allowed to quit after 3 weeks however when the teacher lost a tooth on the piano
i learned my first song by ear.

picked up my dads guitar and played a cheap imitation of Smoke on the Water.

after that i wanted to play!
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Ah, 1970. I was moving from bass in the school orchestra to playing my first guitar, a Stella by Harmony. A finger shredding device if ever there was. Also spent the summer touring Mexico in a VW microbe bus with my parents because that's what you did back then...

(Well, that's what -we- did, our neighbors thought we were weirdos)
Last edited by 6SickStrings at Jul 11, 2008,
I played all the good stuff. You know, Good Charlotte, All American Rejects, Simple Plan
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I wish I had started playing guitar when I was 12...
I was probably just starting my journey of getting to know the blues What a great journey it was
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
lol i think i was trying to play steve vai and satch on a squier strat
XBL Gamertag: toasty10
Playing football, taking piano and sax lessons, and listening to dr dre

fo shizzle
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
at 12 i was playing a Squier Bullet in a little Fender Frontman amp... trying to learn some Billy Talent songs... i quickly learned that Billy Talent wasnt the way to go lol Blues is my thing now ;D and it feels great, too

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by theneildeal
Playing football, taking piano and sax lessons, and listening to dr dre

fo shizzle

Dude thats funny. I loved Dre when I was 12. I think Chronic 2001 came out when I was about 12, so yeah. That was also around when Eminem got big.
Yeah, i remember getting the Eminem album, and everyone thought that i was the coolest guy in the class because my parents let me buy it! There was one song on it that goes "well you can suck my dick if you don't like my ****. 'Cause i don't give a **** if you don't like my ****" and i thought "you can't say that in a song!!"
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
when i was 12 i had been playing for 7 years. had a plethera of guitars and basses. a drum set,and skateboarded when i wasnt playing those. i wasnt allowed to play video games and t.v. time was from 7p.m. till 8 p.m. im now 31.

jym