My band was practicing (meaning, I was playing guitar while my friend was drumming) and I was in the middle of a really high-energy song, and I tend to get really into it.
Anyways, I finish the bridge, (The crescendo, if you will) and the next thing I know it, the neck of my (friend's!) guitar is on the floor, yet the body is still strapped on to me.

Meaning, in the middle of the song, I managed to snap a perfectly good guitar in half. I don't know... this ever happen to you guys?

I weigh 115 lbs by the way. I'm small.

Good news, it was my drummer's guitar, but he didn't get pissed off. He actually thought it was pretty awesome. We just wished it happened during a performance.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Yeh that would be pretty awesome in a performance. Sure to get you laid!
Quote by nugiboy

What world do you live in where having a guitar neck snap in half gets your laid?
I've been here since '04.

Quote by nugiboy

+1
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
thats intense. what kinda guitar was it?
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by NFFC_1865
What world do you live in where having a guitar neck snap in half gets your laid?

what world do you live in that it doesnt?
Quote by jjennings216

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
wouldnt the strings at least keep it off the floor? and you should always remember to buy a quality guitar held together with superglue, not regular elmers.
Quote by the agony scene
yea the rock band controllers arnt that durable

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
Quote by hendrix_128
what world do you live in that it doesnt?

The world of a non-virgin.

seriously. Guitar neck accidentally snapping mid-performance =/= girls being turned on.

Yeah you didn't beak it, it's just that the neck to the newer guitar hero controlers are removeable.

lol.

But really how the heck did that happen, and what kind of guitar was it.
I would love to see it whatever it may "get " you.

Remember! You're special! Just like everyone else!
Quote by stratologist
I would love to see it whatever it may "get " you.

In order to recreate this. Take your guitar and snap off neck.

Thanks for letting us know!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
It is/was an Epiphone SG G-400, so it's a decently-made guitar. Not a bolt-on, but it didn't just separate at the glue, either. Hard to explain without pictures, but a piece of the neck that was glued to the body is still on the body.

And the bridge came off, too. So no, the strings didn't hold anything together.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.

Quote by SLD.Potato
It is/was an Epiphone SG G-400, so it's a decently-made guitar. Not a bolt-on, but it didn't just separate at the glue, either. Hard to explain without pictures, but a piece of the neck that was glued to the body is still on the body.

It probably self-destructed.
I saw the title and assumed you were an attention-whore.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
So uhh...
Pixorlies anyone?
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
So what are you gonna do with it?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
pics or it didn't happen
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
the whole time i was expecting it to end in the fresh prince theme song

Quote by blackflag49
"You're only as fresh as your game", said the Lord - Corinthians 22:12
Quote by SLD.Potato

Really?

(Dashes over to G-400 and plays the hell out of it)

Nope, still in one piece.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
The guitar's at my friend's house. Because, you know, it's his guitar.
But I'm instant-messaging him right now (Google Chat, bitch!) and he's looking for his digital camera to take some pictures. No guarantees, though. He doesn't even know where the camera is.
Quote by rebelmidget

Quote by SLD.Potato
My band was practicing (meaning, I was playing guitar while my friend was drumming) and I was in the middle of a really high-energy song, and I tend to get really into it.
Anyways, I finish the bridge, (The crescendo, if you will) and the next thing I know it, the neck of my (friend's!) guitar is on the floor, yet the body is still strapped on to me.

Meaning, in the middle of the song, I managed to snap a perfectly good guitar in half. I don't know... this ever happen to you guys?

I weigh 115 lbs by the way, and I'm small in the pants.

Good news, it was my drummer's guitar, but he didn't get pissed off. He actually thought it was pretty awesome. We just wished it happened during a performance.

fixed
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by NFFC_1865
The world of a non-virgin.

seriously. Guitar neck accidentally snapping mid-performance =/= girls being turned on.

well im a non virgin too...
Quote by jjennings216

Quote by sadistic_monkey
you should put a very small amount of explosives (very small) at the base of the neck to try to re-enact that situation when you perform.
Quote by SLD.Potato

Doesn't sound like it
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club