Help me out!

I'm playing Gathering Of The Vibes in Connecticut with my band in less than 3 weeks and I need to pick up some essentials to make sure the show goes smoothly. Its a few thousand people so I know i'm going to have to max my amp's volume and have it mic'd. But beyond that... I know i'll need some new Jazz 3s and some DR strings....

My cables do not work... well
My wah is in the fritz (freakin morely from the 70s)
I have no powersupply for my pedals
My Voodoolabs Microvibe is dead.
No tuner Pedal

Is there any thing in addition to those things that I'll need?
pick holder, attached to the mic stand or the head stock. And a fan, it's hot as hell here in the northeast
Quote by Highwaytohell
Help me out!

I'm playing Gathering Of The Vibes in Connecticut with my band in less than 3 weeks and I need to pick up some essentials to make sure the show goes smoothly. Its a few thousand people so I know i'm going to have to max my amp's volume and have it mic'd. But beyond that... I know i'll need some new Jazz 3s and some DR strings....

My cables do not work... well
My wah is in the fritz (freakin morely from the 70s)
I have no powersupply for my pedals
My Voodoolabs Microvibe is dead.
No tuner Pedal

Is there any thing in addition to those things that I'll need?

Highly unlikely that you'll have to max it.

If you have any dodgy equipment, leave it at home or get it fixed.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Don't max your amp ..... your cleans will distort and you'll get ass loads of uncontrollable feedback.
Don't worry about cranking your amp
I've played 1000-capacity with the volume on my Peavey 6505+ on 2
If it's that big, you should be mic'ed up
ohai little sig.
Quote by timi_hendrix
Highly unlikely that you'll have to max it.

If you have any dodgy equipment, leave it at home or get it fixed.

+1

You'll just need it at moderate volume - the PA will handle the crowd and there'll be monitors for your benefit.

Make sure you have a working tuner, that's the main thing - nothing says "amateur" like somebody dicking round inbetween songs trying to tune by ear!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
+1

You'll just need it at moderate volume - the PA will handle the crowd and there'll be monitors for your benefit.

Make sure you have a working tuner, that's the main thing - nothing says "amateur" like somebody dicking round inbetween songs trying to tune by ear!

The +1 loop is established.

It makes me cringe when people do the 5th fret tuning method onstage. And they make that screwed-up grimace face whilst looking at their drummer.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
So you are playing thru the Classic 30 and it will be mic'ed?

What is your most essential pedal or two and can you play the rest of the songs without the others?

What is your budget for upgrades?

PS. I don't gig just trying to help.
Quote by timi_hendrix
The +1 loop is established.

It makes me cringe when people do the 5th fret tuning method onstage. And they make that screwed-up grimace face whilst looking at their drummer.

...because the drummer keeps fannying around on the snare everytime they try to tune

I can tune by ear pretty well provided it's quiet, but in a gig situation it's simply not practical and not a good stagecraft.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i agree with the guy who said pic holder on the mics. imagine dropping your pic and missing your solo while bending down to try to find it

a tuning pedal is also necessary as you mentioned.

you should bring a backup guitar and amp (you probably already have one if you gig) just in case the worst happens. and have someone who knows how to setup/fix guitars backstage incase your guitar gets messed up so he can fix it while you play your backup.

but i guess thats all standard gigging equipment.

so btw, whats your band? must be pretty good if you land a spot in a 1000+ audience festival
If you're playing a show for a few thousand people, and there's no PA system for the instruments, don't play the show. You'll end up wrecking your drumset, and your amps, as well as blowing out your ears, and the first few rows of people, but the people in the back won't hear crap.

If there is a pa for the instruments, you don't have to max the volume. If the singer has to do some whisper section in a song, does he have to whisper really loud? nope, just has to let the pa take control.

good luck.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Dude, dont ever-complicate things. Ive played a lot of shows for a lot of people and the best way to keep things running smoothly is to not over-complicate. Spend time at home before you head to the gig to set up your stuff exactly how it will be on stage. Leave out anything that youre not really going to use because it will just get in the way. The best phrase here is "KISS". Keep It Simple, Stupid. Get on stage, and set up your stuff quick. Nothing says amateur like a kid tripping over himself and his rig, and his band mates', and taking half hour just to set up.

As for what works and what doesnt....figure out what DOESNT work, and replace it. Also, like I said, figure out what you just dont NEED, and get rid of it. Dont be dancing around pedals or accidentally turning them on when you dont mean to.

People will judge your whole band based on how you look on stage. And I dont mean what youre wearing or how dumb your hair looks when its all black and emo'd out. I mean, if you stand there like a puppet and just play...boring. If you jump around and headbang and fling your guitar around people will just laugh at you and how ridiculous you look. Be comfortable and smooth.

Thats all I can give ya.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Dude, dont ever-complicate things. Ive played a lot of shows for a lot of people and the best way to keep things running smoothly is to not over-complicate. Spend time at home before you head to the gig to set up your stuff exactly how it will be on stage. Leave out anything that youre not really going to use because it will just get in the way. The best phrase here is "KISS". Keep It Simple, Stupid. Get on stage, and set up your stuff quick. Nothing says amateur like a kid tripping over himself and his rig, and his band mates', and taking half hour just to set up.

As for what works and what doesnt....figure out what DOESNT work, and replace it. Also, like I said, figure out what you just dont NEED, and get rid of it. Dont be dancing around pedals or accidentally turning them on when you dont mean to.

People will judge your whole band based on how you look on stage. And I dont mean what youre wearing or how dumb your hair looks when its all black and emo'd out. I mean, if you stand there like a puppet and just play...boring. If you jump around and headbang and fling your guitar around people will just laugh at you and how ridiculous you look. Be comfortable and smooth.

Thats all I can give ya.

+1000.

Great advice.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
+1000.

Great advice.

Its takes the embarrassment of "learning the hard way" to give advice like that!
Don't max it. If it is tube, definitely crank it, but maxing a solid state will sound like sh*t and could screw your amp. The PA is there for a reason.
What band are you in? i'll be at Vibes this year.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Thanks All for the awesome advice

We're one of the warmup bands... playing either saturday or sunday I believe on the solar stage. I have not been given much details... My band is called Electric Religion and this is our guitar players farewell gig (hes leaveing after this because of musical differences, he wants to play really really REALLY simple annoying blues, The band wants to be innovative) so we won't be as heard.

www.myspace.com/electricreligionrocks

The Tuner is a must... I've Played gigs before and I understand the whole not going crazy on stage thing... however I sort of do.. (as an emulation of hendrix, and the fact that i'm really immersed in the music) but Its all about the love, the soul, and the emotion that I feel onstage. Really nothing else like it.

Thanks a Million guys!