Technically it was on July 3rd, but I couldn't take any decent pictures....I have one from my phone in my profile now. It's a parker P44 which I got as a prize for winning the National Guitar Workshop Shred Off in Seattle. At first, it's truss rod was over-tightened so there were fretting problems on the first 3 frets. I fixed that though, and now it's quite nice. I'd definitely rate it in the top of the imported guitars that I've played though. It has great lower gain and clean tones, but it's not as br00tal as some of my other guitars. all in all, it was a nice thing to get.
New Gear Day...

So by how much does the nitefly blow the P-44 away by?

EDIT: Congrats by the way on the win and guitar...
Last edited by T!AN at Jul 8, 2008,
I like your nitefly better but its still a sick guitar.

I've always wanted a parker. Like the nitefly or snakeskin limited edition one, but I can never save up the money

Congrats!
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by T!AN
New Gear Day...

So by how much does the nitefly blow the P-44 away by?

EDIT: Congrats by the way on the win and guitar...

To be honest, I like the tone on the P44 more (mahogany & neck humbuckers=win), and I have a bit of tech work to do on the Nitefly at the moment, so not much...and I've seen NGD more as specifically New Guitar Day, then NAD is new amp day or new acoustic day, NBD for new bass day...I guess it depends who you ask. Either way works.

^The comparison of the nitefly and the snakeskin made me laugh a bit ($1500 guitar versus $5000 guitar....) Now they have the Flame Koa limited edition which is more than the snakeskin was...then there used to be the Adrian belew sig which was tight--it had line 6 variax stuff along with some other features in it. Now there's also the limited edition Season lines which have some guitar I like and some I don't. Also, Dave Martone has a pretty sweet custom fly mojo, but it's damaged and in the repair shop.

http://davemartone.com/index.php?page_id=22

See the April 1st entry.
My Mojo Fly developed a weird switch problem after about a month where my neck
PU doesn't always cut in. Additionally the piezo switch is noisy. It probably also
has a fret a bit of whack as the high E has a higher than usual tendency to snap
around fret 4 which is wierd.

The day I got the guitar it was just being delivered to the store as I was checking
out another Fly hanging on the wall, so it was brand spanking untouched new.

I'm just not a big fan of Parker. The neck is hyper-thin. I never warmed up to it.
The guitar has its good points, but I'd really suggest to anyone interested in
Parkers, definitely you want to try one out first to make sure you like it. They're
odd ducks. I'm glad I bought mine before they jacked the prices way up on them.
Quote by TheShred201
To be honest, I like the tone on the P44 more (mahogany & neck humbuckers=win),

Have you thought of putting in Dimarzio Breeds?

And wouldn't it be great if Parker made 7 strings?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^^ the refined Parkers are notorious for shit switchware. On the upside, the wiring is easier to work on than the original design and replacing the switches is no big deal. The fact that a $2500 instrument shouldn't have shit components in the first place is another issue, but blame USMC for that...

Quote by aznrockerdude
And wouldn't it be great if Parker made 7 strings?
Considering that they sell eight and a half six strings every year, how much sense would it make for them to build a new facility to add one seven to the sales?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty

Considering that they sell eight and a half six strings every year, how much sense would it make for them to build a new facility to add one seven to the sales?

RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Sexy guitar man.

Though, the amp is more drool-instilling...
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
^^ the refined Parkers are notorious for shit switchware. On the upside, the wiring is easier to work on than the original design and replacing the switches is no big deal. The fact that a $2500 instrument shouldn't have shit components in the first place is another issue, but blame USMC for that...

Yeah, I'm very unimpressed with the switches. I still haven't bothered fixing it
yet. Fortunately I have other guitars. This is pretty much my least favorite one. I
only pick it up when I'm in a wierd mood for it. I think I only paid about $2100 or
$2200 out the door for it. Still on the steep side all things considered....
Quote by aznrockerdude

That's a gross exaggeration, but the gist is there.

Even the demand for the sixes isn't huge, and a Fly uses all this original hardware - like they can't just buy a bunch of OFR 7s from the OEM manufacter for cheap, they have to get all the trems made specifically for the small number of Flies and Niteflies that they manufacture. So that's how they said it - we won't be making sevens because nobody will buy them and it won't make any financial sense to expand the production facility for it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Edg, I do agree that they are kind of something that the person should try, but there is a lot of variation between models on everything but body shape...I haven't had any electronics problems with either of mine, though I got the nitefly used (it was made in 1997).

Aznrockerdude, I haven't had the P44 long enough to think about new pickups, and I don't know if I'm going to on the nitefly. I've considered it though...And yes, if parker made a 7 string, I would sell all my guitars to buy one. BUT they have pretty much flat out said, no, we aren't going to make a 7 string.

Pifty, there's been enough interest expressed that they'd probably sell at least 2 7 strings....
Quote by TheShred201
To be honest, I like the tone on the P44 more (mahogany & neck humbuckers=win), and I have a bit of tech work to do on the Nitefly at the moment, so not much...and I've seen NGD more as specifically New Guitar Day, then NAD is new amp day or new acoustic day, NBD for new bass day...I guess it depends who you ask. Either way works.

^The comparison of the nitefly and the snakeskin made me laugh a bit ($1500 guitar versus $5000 guitar....) Now they have the Flame Koa limited edition which is more than the snakeskin was...then there used to be the Adrian belew sig which was tight--it had line 6 variax stuff along with some other features in it. Now there's also the limited edition Season lines which have some guitar I like and some I don't. Also, Dave Martone has a pretty sweet custom fly mojo, but it's damaged and in the repair shop.

http://davemartone.com/index.php?page_id=22

See the April 1st entry.

Well the nitefly was my more realistic parker. I thought the snakeskin was kinda neat because they only made like 50 and used real snakeskin, but I wouldn't ever buy one(unless I came into a ridiculous amount of money of course).

I saw the seasons models but I didn't really dig them. "Summer" looks nice but didn't blow me away.

Their customs/ limited run models are really unique, thats for sure. They do some crazy stuff without changing the shape, which I think is pretty cool.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I remember going to their boards once and people were complaining about the lack of 7s... that was a while ago though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by TheShred201
Edg, I do agree that they are kind of something that the person should try

Some of my best guitars I got without trying them first. The Parker I did happen
to try first. That's why I say make extra-special sure you check out a Parker 1st
if you're considering one.

At least the price was right on your new one!
Haha. I suppose you could say that.

I think parkers are something that some people really like and some people really don't. Sucks about your switches man, but as mentioned, that's not terribly difficult to fix. Before getting my nitefly I tried some P series, a nitefly, and a fly deluxe (loved the deluxe...). Then my electric guitar broke and I needed something to play while it was getting fixed. That came down to a Parker nitefly or an Ibanez S1625, and I went with the parker.
Quote by edg
Yeah, I'm very unimpressed with the switches. I still haven't bothered fixing it
yet. Fortunately I have other guitars. This is pretty much my least favorite one. I
only pick it up when I'm in a wierd mood for it. I think I only paid about $2100 or
$2200 out the door for it. Still on the steep side all things considered....
To each their own. It's not cheap, for sure, but when I paid the money for mine - after trying a number of them - I was completely convinced that it's worth every penny. The design really works for me.

Quote by TheShred201
Pifty, there's been enough interest expressed that they'd probably sell at least 2 7 strings....
I'd buy one, you'd buy one. If we find another sucker, it'll be time to start a petition!

Quote by aznrockerdude
I remember going to their boards once and people were complaining about the lack of 7s... that was a while ago though.
Yeah, but talk is cheap. Although people who hang around parker boards are usually able to write a check for what they want, so who knows.
Quote by pifty
To each their own. It's not cheap, for sure, but when I paid the money for mine - after trying a number of them - I was completely convinced that it's worth every penny. The design really works for me. Agreed
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=15178812#
I'd buy one, you'd buy one. If we find another sucker, it'll be time to start a petition! i know a guy...start the petition if you want. However, I have to say that it's probably not going to change anything.

Yeah, but talk is cheap. Although people who hang around parker boards are usually able to write a check for what they want, so who knows. Haha...No luck so far....