which is better , hardcore or metal , and please dear god dont close this thread like some of my others , this is legitamate!
who cares theyre all good....and seriously....read the rules...
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Whatever you prefer.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Ht666
metalcore.

Tell me, what's the point of adding the -core?

It's called metal. And you don't sound like more of a badass adding -core to the end.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by almost_her_hero
i dont understand , why am i reported , its harmless

There's a sticky about what threads cannot be made, this being a versus thread, is one of them.

That's why your last thread on a similar topic was locked.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by andy_thomas

It's called metal. And you don't sound like more of a badass adding -core to the end.

To indicate that it has hardcore influences.

Bye bye thread!
Quote by TranquilNight
To indicate that it has hardcore influences.

Bye bye thread!

more like to indicate it has annoying ****ty breakdownzzzzz
Quote by andy_thomas

If you think Disgorge and All That Remains are the same genre you need a swift kick in the head.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
If you think Disgorge and All That Remains are the same genre you need a swift kick in the head.

If you can headbang to it, it's metal.

Genre creation/comparing is a sport for people who have too much time on their hands, or want their particular favorite bands to be special in some way.
Quote by Nijyo

What is headbanging? Is long hair required? If drunken girls throw about their hair to a dance song at a party, does that make it metal?

In any case, you're wrong. Some people might headband to Linkin Park, some might think it's really deserving of the metal genre, but they're wrong.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by andy_thomas

it's a different type of music.
We're getting into some scary times when people don't know how to keep their shitty bands out of the metal genre. -Core bands aren't metal. NuMetal isn't metal. Hardcore isn't metal. Metalcore isn't metal.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by Nijyo

Genre creation/comparing is a sport for people who have too much time on their hands, or want their particular favorite bands to be special in some way.

The point of sub-genres to sort music so people can look for bands they want to, can you really place a band like Stratovarius next to a band like Nile and say they are similar?
Quote by Sylvanus
The point of sub-genres to sort music so people can look for bands they want to, can you really place a band like Stratovarius next to a band like Nile and say they are similar?

STRATOVARIUS PWNS!
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Theyre both good, Metal is more METAL.. and hardcore/metalcore [IMO] have more rhythm and melody to them.
And have fun, you know, getting banned.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by SonataFanica
STRATOVARIUS PWNS!

Damn straight!

Extremely influential to, so many good bands have been born because of them.