Will stamina in my picking hand just come with lots of practice the way speed does or are there way of just working on my alternate picking stamina?
It'll come in time if you just play a lot but at the moment there may also be technique issues, it's hard to tell without seeing your technique; could you post a video?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It'll come in time if you just play a lot but at the moment there may also be technique issues, it's hard to tell without seeing your technique; could you post a video?

i tried to upload a vid, but it wouldnt let me
To where? Did you try youtube?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Freepower
If your hand and arm are relaxed and you're not picking far too hard, then the problem is just lack of practice.

QFT.

It's OK to occasionally introduce a bit of tension in order to push your speed to a new level, but as soon as you do that you need to concentrate very hard on relaxing into the new tempo. If you are relaxed enough you can play for long stretches without getting tired. Conversely, if you cannot play for long stretches without pain, you are not relaxed enough. It's ok to bump the tempo during speed bursts, etc, but you risk injury if you keep pushing at a tempo you are not ready for.
I carry a pick around with me and when I am just sitting around idly I grab it and find a hard edge and practice my alternate picking, trying to improve speed and get to the point where I don't even have to think about my right hand to keep it going nice and steady. It helps, especially when it comes down to 16th notes.