Alright if i was trying to get the sound of Alexi Laiho, from Children Of Bodom, and had everything but the Lee Jackson GP-1000 preamp and cannot find a GP-1000 for sale anywhere, which preamp or amp should I get? I hear that the ENGL 530 preamp is really close to the Lee Jackson except with more gain.

Thanks,
John
Thats just pointless.
You buy gear just to sound like him?

Just buy/try the ENGL.
I don't think you will be playing only Alexi's music anyway.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
i refuse to believe that you are for real.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by valdean
Thats just pointless.

It's like every kid wanting EVH's brown sound back in the early 80's, you get over it sooner or later. But I have to agree with you that it is pointless to copy someone elses signature sound because when you do start looking for your own you'll probably end up wasting more money to get it.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
haha damn you so i have a crapy amp and want to sound like alexi. there is nothing wrong with this. just wanna know if the engl sounds close to it. no complants about my own sound or any **** like this. i have my own sound, plus i dont play cover songs so cachow!!! i play originals only but wanna sound at least somewhat like alexi, not completely alexi just somewhat.
If he likes the tone let him get it. Who cares really.

I have no idea where to find the Jackson pre amp btw.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Go to the Lee Jackson site and ask for a catalog. You should be able to order from that.
Esp japan makes a replica of the preamp
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
JCM 900 TSL for his live tones. Plus that **** he has in his guitar, those ****ty EMG Hz's or something, all I know is he uses a JCM 900 TSL in his live rig somewhere, maybe just as a power amp I don't know.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

i tired to order from the catalog but they don't make them anymore. all they make now are like pedals and instructions on how to mod ****. and the preamp that esp makes is a booster for his guitar for solos... its a guitar preamp... but its a preamp booster yeah i have heard about the marshall but that was way back in the day before he got his custom esp, and yes he used it as a power amp. **** it i just gonna get the ENGL
What are you gonna do with just a pre amp? You do realize you'd need a power amp as well right?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by DSchmitty
JCM 900 TSL for his live tones. Plus that **** he has in his guitar, those ****ty EMG Hz's or something, all I know is he uses a JCM 900 TSL in his live rig somewhere, maybe just as a power amp I don't know.

Alexi uses SD Blackouts now, not EMG HZ.

But i think that he still uses a Marshall (saw a couple of new videos with him on youtube where he played one)
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by ESP666ESP
haha damn you so i have a crapy amp and want to sound like alexi. there is nothing wrong with this. just wanna know if the engl sounds close to it. no complants about my own sound or any **** like this. i have my own sound, plus i dont play cover songs so cachow!!! i play originals only but wanna sound at least somewhat like alexi, not completely alexi just somewhat.

If you have a crappy amp, buy a new amp, rather than a booster. It'll be better in the long run.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Find your own tone.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by DSchmitty

JCM900 TSL?
Am i missing something here, or is that a non existant amp?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
There is a JCM2000 TSL but the JCM900 is SLX isn't it? Not much of a Marshall person so I'm probably wrong.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by shredder.cheese
There is a JCM2000 TSL but the JCM900 is SLX isn't it? Not much of a Marshall person so I'm probably wrong.

Yeah theres a 2000 tsl, and several 900 versions (dual reverb, SLX etc...)
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
This message goes in order from my last one to the first issue about the marshalls. i'm gonna play guitar with my preamp... yes i realize the power amp issue and i have a mesa poweramp. yeah but i prefer the emg-hz's compared to the blackouts. Yes he does use i marshall combined with his old rig, he uses the new kerry king jcmwhatever marshalls. he uses both on and off both marshall and vht. dude im not buying a booster... welll actually i am but that booster gets put into my guitar like a toogle switch on the guitar... im looking at a "new amp" like rack gear, its like the distortion and such. FUKK off Teh Forest King!!! I have my own tone.... i want something SIMILAR to alexi's rig, god damn I think he meant whatever model marshall is the triple super lead.
Quote by valdean
Thats just pointless.

Just buy/try the ENGL.
I don't think you will be playing only Alexi's music anyway.

Razorback avatar renders this post st00pidz.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
To the guys who are telling him to get his own tone, have you been to the Petrucci forums?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?