Having a few months ago discovered Jaco pastorius (a sin, considering I've been playing for 3 years), I'm suddenly very desperate to get a fretless and have a go at that beautiful sound myself. My requirements are pretty simple, below £400/$800, preferably lower than that as I don't have money to burn. Good quality and if at all possible, good looks as well, but any recommendations would be great. Ideally I'd like something like a fretless corvette, but that sure as hell ain't happening.
I'm in just about the same boat except I have more pressing monetary demands, goodluck to you, perhaps try a MIM
Quote by slap-a-bass
now if you get a fret less..will that be your primary bass? or your on the side bass

I assume his Rickenbacker will be his primary bass, rich bastard.
have u heard of vintage guitars? all designed by trev wilkinson. theyve got a fretless jaco signature. their quality are pretty awsome, great value for money but its got COPY written all over it.
Quote by roshjosh
You could remove frets yourself?

There's the Squier Vintage Modified Fretless J-bass... It's very cheap?

u stole my avatar.

But yea for a budget the squier is an option for you. Or check out ocean basses, they're only sold at guitar center I believe. Cheap and good playability
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"